LANGUAGES

Pages: first 123 next last
What languages do you speak?

My first language is Mandarin. My parents and younger sister speak it at home while I speak English. I am fluent in both, but I cannot write/read Mandarin very well. I'm not especially fluent: I can understand it, but I can't speak it that well.
I am completely fluent in English. I think in English and stuff. In fact I only speak the language when completely necessary (phone calls or such).
My two languages have grown so far apart that I cannot translate between the two! Although, there are also so many major differences between the two.

I can also speak basic Spanish, although I end up spewing jibberish a lot. (I do that with English and Mandarin too, but not as much.) I can say random phrases in several other languages but that's not truly speaking them!
I only fluently speak English, but I understand some German, and I know how to say "I do not understand (name of language)" in many languages.

Such as me no hablo español.
Or non parlo italiano.
I speak English fluently and can speak a little japanese as well which i learnt when i was at school.
Ich spreche Deutsche. Ich mochen RMN und RPG Maker.
El espanol es mi primera lengua, pero aqui en las Islas Caiman, Ingles es el idioma principal.

;)

Spanish is my first language si, now I live in the Cayman Islands which mainly speaks English, but still some Spanish. I'm really bad with English and I still don't understand it to this day. I'm able to communicate on these forums thanks to Google Translate. (I noticed most of the English websites and forums are generally better than the Spanish ones ... So i decided to start joining English forums and making English games because I wantand need to learn the language as well.)
My first language is Swedish.

Then I know English fairly well (can write, speak and read good enough). And Finnish somewhat well (can speak moderately well and read well).

"Jonej myky liite."

And then of course I can make informed guesses of the derivative languages. I do sort of regret I never learned the basics of another language than those mandatory in school though. I wouldn't mind knowing basic French or Russian (I can read Cyrillic but I know none of the languages that use it)
I speak English fluently and can speak a little Chinese and Japanese, learnt a little at school.
Ma langue maternelle est le français.

So I speak french, I can speak and read "basic" english, and a few words in spanish.
I speak swedish primarily, but I do feel very confident when it comes to the english language.

I studied german a few years back, and even though I forgot some parts of it, I have little to no trouble understanding written or spoken german.
English and intermediate/advanced Japanese in speaking/reading.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I can swear in 37 different languages.
I can speak english (Canadian english, eh?) and I used to be completely fluent in French (Francais Canadien, non?), but I haven't spoken in it in years so now I've almost completely forgot it.

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Kenton. Bienvenue a RMN!
The only language I am fluent in happens to be English.

I did study Japanese a bit in school so I remember basic phrases but that's about it.
English is the only fluent one, but at various points I have studied with varying levels of success: Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Latin, Greek and Gaelic.
And then I got bored of each in turn. >.>
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=2331.msg40481#msg40481 date=1225197766
I can swear in 37 different languages.

I learnt that a long time ago. I also know how to speak jibberish. ;)
Does anyone know how to speak "woman"?
My primary language is english, but I am also learning a hell of a lot of Japanese in school. I can write out both the entire hiragana and katakana charts. I think I know enough japanese to make my way around.
and I used to be completely fluent in French (Francais Canadien, non?), but I haven't spoken in it in years so now I've almost completely forgot it.

Noooooooes... How sad. xD
(If you want to try to speak french again, you could come to the irc channel I'm often there ^^).
I'll bring my copy of Bescherelle.
This might sound like a really noob question but what is IRC?
Pages: first 123 next last