MAPPING

Pages: 1
Soo i'm doing a game. A different one to help get more experience. You are always good at helping with maps though i feel like i have gotten a little better by just experimenting. Though I would still like honest opinions seeing as i am still a beginner.

Not sure about doors, the small ones look a little funny so should i go with the small ones?

Or the bigger ones??

Also is the room too cluttered, too small or too big
This thread should be of use in future: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/19505/

That said, I think that considering you're using bigger character sets, you should go with the taller doors and three tiles of wall height instead. That, or make a 3/4 high door.

As for the room, it's a bit too big if you consider that you've basically just thrown stuff all over the place to 'fill it up'. If you need to add more to a room to make it feel 'full' then cutting down the space is definitely something you should do. Another thing to do is look into some decoration tiles that are cut off to give the idea that there's stuff behind the bottom wall.

For example:

You can see that the rooms are much smaller but still are visually bedrooms. Also there's some stuff being overlapped by the bottom ceiling tile/wall to give the illusion of there being cabinets and tables behind the hidden part of the wall, making it seem more realistic.

Partitions can also help make rooms a bit smaller visually - cutting off parts of a room with a wall to create an ensuite, or having a cabinet/bookcase/etc create a nook for dressing/privacy/study/reading/etc can really help 'shape' a room and use up some of the space in it.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Lib has pretty much covered everything. But I find it's usually so much easier to map using 3 tile high walls. With 2 tile high it's usually a lot more awkward to place events/decorations and have them look right.

An easy fix for the bedroom image is where the bookshelf and bed are use wall and ceiling tiles to make an indent in that square room. Gives it abit more feel and architecture.
Pages: 1