WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE TO CONVERT MIDI FILES TO OGG?

Pages: 1
I used to use Cowon JetAudio years ago, but due to reformats and computer changes I no longer have it.

So...What do you guys use?

I'm mostly asking because I picked up the old RPgmakers on steam recently and was thinking that if I make another retro RPG I'd use the monsters, faces and music from them to make the game in a newer engine. The graphics can be resized, but the music, not so much. :P
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I used this site: https://solmire.com/
It converts it to mp3.
I then used Audacity to convert that mp3 to ogg and add loop points for use in Ace.
This wound up working, but the volume ended up being disastrously low and Audacity couldn't make it any louder. :(

Ah well. I'm going to see if I can make it work better a bit later. If not, maybe I'll just pick up that 8-bit themed music DLC pack or look for another solution.

Thanks anyway, Mirak. :)
Mirak
Did you normalize the audio?
I've never had a problem with the Solmire and Audacity route.
If the volume is really THAT low, try maxing it out in Audacity, Export it, Open the new file, and raise the volume on THAT one.
author=Mirak
Did you normalize the audio?

Thanks, Normalizing and Amplifying it by 2 was what I needed. It's reasonably audible now. :D
Mirak
Good to know.

Dyhalto's method of brute forcing a volume change usually results in a higher volume in exchange for lower audio quality since you're essentially crushing the track. I find it better to normalize the audio and then slightly increasing the volume in case normalizing didnt completely fix the volume issue.
Pages: 1