[RMVX ACE] LOOKING FOR ARTIST INTERESTED IN MAKING, WELL, A FEW DOZEN PC/NPC PORTRAITS.

Pages: 1
So, I've resurrected an old project of mine that I always had a soft spot for called Shattered Wings. In this game, the player can acquire an absolutely tuckload of playable characters much like in Chrono Cross, Suikoden, etc.

Back when I used to work on Shattered Wings, I used Fire Emblem portraits which were always intended to be placeholders. Now that I've gone back to the game and am staring at these Fire Emblem faces, I really want to see them vanish from the game so that my characters have more unique and original personality.

So, I'm looking for anyone who might be interested in doing portraits of FORTY playable characters and roughly TWENTY non-playable characters (fully optional). I understand that this is quite a daunting number, but I'm not exactly looking for the next Leonardo da Vinci to make these portraits. Even artists who consider themselves little more than "decent" and are looking for an opportunity to practice drawing character faces are welcome. Honestly, I'd just love to hear from anyone who may be potentially interested in doing this.

Keep in mind that, if you are an artist who prefers to be paid for their services, I don't make much money and may not be able to afford your services if doing so many portraits would be considered an expensive project. I would ideally prefer to hear from those who are simply interested in doing this because they simply feel generous and/or see it as an opportunity for practice without looking to be paid for their services, but I am open to considering inexpensive rates if you're not one who draws/pixels portraits for free.

There's also no major deadline for these since the game isn't close to completion. Anyone who is interested in taking this task on wouldn't be hassled by me at all, I'm super patient and understand that this is often something that we all do in our spare time.

Anyway, feel free to reply here or send me a message on RMN, or contact me on Discord at UPRC#9922 if you're interested! I'd honestly just love to hear from anyone who may consider wanting to do this.

Avee is awesome and is interested in doing this, so don't worry about it.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Bit off-topic but I will never understand the people who equate wanting fair compensation to being "loveless" about their craft. Not specifically saying you're one of these people but that sure is what's implied. Almost as baffling as people who consider "exposure" as a viable form of compensation.

And on-topic, pixel portraits are expensive, so I would not keep hopes up that someone with a level of skill above complete amateur would be up for creating sixty different portraits, and while I know you said people of all skills are welcome something tells me there's still a base standard for graphic quality you expect, so the more realistic approach would be to save up, or reduce your portrait amount to only really important characters while leaving all others with the same generic portrait.
Yeah, that is 100% not what I was implying. I'm more or less stating that I'm open to offers from anyone including those who feel their work is good enough to require compensation (even though this has never come up in the past when getting custom work done on RMN).

I've had lots of custom work done by artistic RMNers before in the form of music and character portraits, so it's not terribly outside of the realm of possibility that someone may be interested.
Pages: 1