WHY THE HELL DID THE GAME RAMPAGE GET A MOVIE?

Pages: 1
When Tomb Raider, and Resident Evil got movies it made sense(they weren't good but they made sense to make into films). They were popular games at the time. But Rampage! People havent thought of that in years. And its not like it has a huge fan base like Chrono Trigger. what the hell is the deal. Anyway, I'm sure it's probably a crap movie but I felt like ranting.

What do you think the next crappy hollywood game movie will be?
Because Kong: Skull Island made money. People like watching giant animals fuck shit up. I for one couldn't be happier this film exists even if it does suck because Kaiju films are the best films. Most people wont even know its based on a video game and that's totally fine in my books.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

The answer is always 42.

It's the answer to life, the universe, everything.

I'm imagining a 42,000,000 dollar opening.

It was worth it for the Japanese poster alone.
Lavos is kinda like a Kaiju make a movie about Chrono Trigger lol. Plus there's that big Dinosaur monster that Azala rides in Ayla's era that's another Kaiju :P

But yeah I guess that at least explains why Hollywood made a Rampage movie, thanks VisitorsFromDreams. So its just Hollywood looking at a possible trend that they can lazily milk.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
The toys are cool too, so you don't see this collector bitching. Just more stuff for us monster/Godzilla fans.

It's hard to hate when a genre you love gets more.

I do regret that the Rock is the main character.
Its hard to ruin something like Rampage which was just a stupid but fun arcade game.

If they ruined Crono Trigger (which they would to reach a wide as audience possible in order to recoup the costs) people would be pissed.

Chrono Trigger would be a lot better suited to an anime movie than live action anyways.
Yeah it probably would be better as anime.
Speaking of which did you know there was an anime side story of Chrono Trigger.
It's not really serious but it exists.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Because money.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I don't know or care; it's the kind of adaptation that's most likely to be decent ("Let's just take the most basic general idea and do our own thing with it") and it looks cute enough that I'll go see it if it doesn't get terrible reviews.

Also Dwayne Johnson.
@visitorsfromdreams

The Japanese poster is cool as hell. It's a shame the shitty bland one has to be used for the West.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Someone said, "When we put The Rock in a movie we make money. Who has an idea for any kind of movie?"
Pages: 1