NEED HELP WITH EVENTS

Pages: 1
I am new to RPGMaker and am using RPGMaker 2003. I was wondering if the tasks set to an event must fire simultaneously or if they can be programmed to fire one at a time?

I am working on a game and part of it requires an event to walk forward three steps and toggle on/off a switch. However, the way I have it set up now, the character walks forward and at the same time toggles the switch. I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't happen in sequence.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Reddimore
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Run an auto run event that makes the character move. After the character moves,inside the same event control switch, then you can do something else...
Make sure to turn off auto run event after finished.

I have a tutorial in VX Ace showing you some autorun stuff. RPG maker 2003 should have similar commands.

https://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/1034/
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Alternatively, you could just put a wait command after the move action, followed by the switch. The way the eventing system works, it does everything simultaneously with walking. If it didn't, that would cause problems elsewhere, so your easiest way to deal with this is to simply put a wait command. The wait command won't interfere with the move action and will ensure that the switch doesn't trigger until you want it to.
author=pianotm
Alternatively, you could just put a wait command after the move action, followed by the switch. The way the eventing system works, it does everything simultaneously with walking. If it didn't, that would cause problems elsewhere, so your easiest way to deal with this is to simply put a wait command. The wait command won't interfere with the move action and will ensure that the switch doesn't trigger until you want it to.

Ah; that seems to have worked. Thank you for your help.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
No problem! XD
Pages: 1