[RMMV] CLASS PROMOTION SYSTEM HELP.

Pages: 1
I am working on a project in RPG Maker MV with class promotion system in it. If that were all it was it would be simple enough, but I have a choice for all classes to have a male and a female of that class. I want the player to need a certain medal to promote the character when they max out the characters level i.e. Reach level 10, use item, PROMOTED!
The problem comes from the male and female choice. You can have both in your party at the same time and I've attempted to give the promotion medal a common event with a conditional statement to change actors to the improved version of the class, however it only works for the one on top if they are both in your party instead of the person you use the item on. I also can't figure out how to set the level requirement, meaning that they can be promoted whenever you get one instead of having to be maxed out.
I have a few ideas for solutions, but they would all work worse than what I'm going for.
I could get rid of the male female choice all together. (Which I really don't want to do.)
I could make a medal specific for both genders.
I could make overly long and convoluted conditional branches upon conditional branches where you have to specify male or female in who you want to promote. (Also really don't want to do with over 50 classes.)
I just want an item that requires a certain level to use that can be used on either gender.
I apologize if this is in the wrong place and if this isn't specific enough, and thank you to anyone who tries to help me.
Pages: 1