[PENCIL & GODDAMN PAPER] THE OTHER KIND OF RPG: THE DAWNLINE

Pages: 1
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
There is another kind of RPG that is not digital but analogue. Without this ancient form of RPG we would not have RPGs as Square-Enix and kentona make them today. There are a lot of these old "books with games inside". And I mean a lot. Most of you guys could probably name D&D, Pathfinder (which is essentially D&D), maybe Shadowrun (that's the one I worked for), Vampire, maybe some of the Warhammer ones...but there are hundreds. Thousands, probably. And the vast majority of them are dead and unsupported.

I should know. I ran a tabletop RPG publishing company for over five years. 95% of the tabletop games you see on Kickstarter are CRAP just like 95% of everything is crap.

It is also made by amazingly prolific reviewer and tester/human game guinea pig/general betterer of RMN kumada who some of you might know. (I think that might be his voice on the video, not sure, but I'm almost positive he wrote what's being said.)

More importantly, it's been pitched to me as Vampire Hunter D meets The Oregon Trail meets The Way. I have only two words for that premise:

DO WANT!

You should check it out on Kickstarter and learn more.

Now I've gotta say goodbye for a little while.
<3
Max

P.S. The reCaptcha challenge is more of a game than probably 10% of the games on this site lol. I played it three times while making this post.
I like how it was nearly funded before I even managed to put the banner up onto RMN
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Wow, that's nice of you to do, Kentona.

Anyway, yeah, that's how Kickstarters go. It's weird. You get about 50% of your funding at the very beginning and another 40% chunk at the very end and that last 10% during the three weeks of panicked refreshing in between. It's why websites like kicktrack or whatever it's called are junk. They just extrapolate from your first few days and assume your funding will proceed steadily at that rate. Like if that algorithm bore any resemblance to reality, half of Kickstarter creators would be millionaires by now.
author=kentona
I like how it was nearly funded before I even managed to put the banner up onto RMN

I don't know how it's doing this well and I am in a state of mystification, but thank you again for putting up the banner, Kentona, and thank you Max for posing about the campaign!
I have two unplayed kickstarter tabletop RPGs already...
author=Shinan
I have two unplayed kickstarter tabletop RPGs already...

I completely understand that feeling. I've got a stack of RPGs I've backed but haven't played yet. And like my Steam library and my bookshelves, I know there's stuff in there that I'll never get around to.

Scheduling games can be tough. I genuinely like reading them, though, so I don't really have any buyer's remorse.

If it'd tempt you, you can get the collection of short fiction, monsters/scenario book, and beta test access at the $1 level, so you wouldn't have to worry about not playing it. You'd just have some (comparatively cheap) stuff to read and a pre-final version of the game.

Alternately, I'd be happy to just send you a pdf of the current beta if you wanted to take a look.
Pages: 1