I MISS THE HIGHS AND LOWS OF GAME DEVELOPMENT

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Sooz
author=Housekeeping
Plus your kids are almost old enough to enslave into helping you with your games.
Got some great monster designs already!

I can imagine a hit itch.io game, which is based on graphics and story by Kentona's kids.
And they helped with two rmn events already.

author=Yellow Magic
Alas, I'm at a point in my life where there are quite a few things I enjoy more than game dev.

I think I'll still be taking part in game jams/competitions every now and then, but I've pretty much abandoned the idea of working on a single project for several months/years.

Basically my case too. I'll become to old for student life soon. I like sticking around rmn and talking about designs, tho.
Basically, I'm taking a break from games in general. And It's like fighting a drug addiction.
sup bitches. it's 5:50am and time for a 3km run!

(and by that, because I am fat and out of shape I mean interval run because that shit is hard - ~2mins running + 1min walking, repeat)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Don't forget to take a beer stop!
author=kentona
I look back wistfully at the time I got to spend on game design and development before responsibility seized my life. Now I don't seem to have the energy or time to devote to it like I once did, and I miss that sometimes.

Now I have a full time job, 2 kids, a business, a website (hi!), and volunteering at the community centre to do, plus floor hockey.

Last night I could have pulled out the laptop and do some work, but instead I sat down with a drink* (or 3) and watched Kung Fu Hustle and tidy the kitchen, and played some 'pokemon' cards with my 6yo**.

*the drink was Spiced Rum and Diet Coke, but I looked closer to the label, and it was actually 'rum-flavoured drink'. I checked the receipt and it came up as "PIRATE JUICE".***

**my kids don't play by the official rules - they just kind of wing it and use their imaginations. We eschew the energy cards. Basically, there is like an infinite energy cheat and the pokemon wallop each other with their most powerful moves each turn. At least it goes fast.

***that pirate juice was DAMN GOOD. maybe the best spiced rum I've had. Very smooth and flavourful.

So that's my life. How are you?

Well, first off, Sailor Jerry and The Kraken are the best spiced rums (I don't know if they have them in the frozen northern wastes of CANADIA) but PIRATE JUICE does sound pretty cool.

Secondly, I have virtually unlimited time to fuck around on RPGs but I would trade that away in a second for a family of my own, for what it is worth. (The feeling of missing your wife/husband/S.O. and family is way worse than the feeling of missing gam mak. Jeez this post o' mine is way too serious for welp. Just pretend I added a doge meme at the end or something.)
yah The Kraken is pretty good, too. But I am kind of a wimp so weakly flavoured liquors are my preference.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=StormCrow
Just pretend I added a doge meme at the end or something.)

Got you covered brah

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I don't think it was his birthday
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Are you calling that cat a liar?
author=StormCrow
Secondly, I have virtually unlimited time to fuck around on RPGs but I would trade that away in a second for a family of my own, for what it is worth. (The feeling of missing your wife/husband/S.O. and family is way worse than the feeling of missing gam mak. Jeez this post o' mine is way too serious for welp. Just pretend I added a doge meme at the end or something.)

Get divorced twice. It goes away.
InfectionFiles
author=Sooz
Are you calling that cat a liar?
Yes, that is what I'm claiming.
author=Arcmagik
author=StormCrow
Get divorced twice. It goes away.

It wasn't even legal for me to get married until fairly recently (not that I got that far), so I'd be way ahead of the curve with two divorces. But nice to see that there are old and bitter people on RMN like me as well to balance out all the bright eyed teenagers/college students and the occasional well balanced healthy adults like kentona.

(That last one was not sarcasm, btw, it really does seem like you have your life priorities in good order Epona Kentona.)
Sooz
author=StormCrow
It wasn't even legal for me to get married until fairly recently (not that I got that far), so I'd be way ahead of the curve with two divorces.

You just need to try harder.
InfectionFiles
I guess they ran out of E's for that sign
it's more of a case of the Americans being belligerent and wrong again (like their use the of imperial system, or the incorrect spelling of words like honour and colour)

"|As a rule, American and Irish prefer 'whiskey' and the Scots, Canadians and the rest of the world's single malt makers prefer 'whisky'"
if i had a one use time machine I would go back in time and tell my kid self to not be fooled by the rando on Halo insisting that it's spelt 'defense' and not 'defence'
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, Americans are more Irish and Canadians no Scottish. The rest is just snobbish.
I guess people, who refer to themselves as Brits, use Brandy.
When I said belligerent I actually meant obstinate. Just to clarify
Sooz
TBF we are also pretty belligerent on that subject. And in general.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I regret us never working on/finishing alicorn.

The game that would've broken reality itself with its awesomeness.
Pages: first prev 123 next last