[EVENT] RMN MASCOT

Pages: first 123456 next last
It's come to my attention that everything is being gijinka'd - from Earth, to washing detergent, to Internet Explorer. So why not RMN?

Gijinka - an anthromorphic representation of a thing, usually taking the form of a cute or badass character design that represents said thing in various ways. Usually using colours, shapes and designs already inherent in the design of the thing. It's Japanese, of course, because of course it is.

So, let's have some fun!

Everyone who takes part in designing a gijinka/mascot of the site using the official colours and various design pieces to represent what RMN would look like if anthromorphised will get a badge. Then we hold a poll to see which design is the most cutest/awesomest/neatoburritoest and the winner of the poll will get another badge on top of the participation badge!

You don't need to be a great artist to take part, and pixels, sketches, paintings, drawings, etc are all welcome!

To join in post your version of RMN in this thread! Remember to keep it rule-appropriate!

Also, a handy little cheat sheet of the main site colours and some design aspects.

FAQ
Dimensions of images?
800x800 should be more than big enough for when you submit to the page, but any sized canvas is fine for drawing on. Just make sure to shrink it down to at least 800x800 when submitting a visual image to the page. You can, of course, throw links to larger images for the use of promotional purposes, just make sure one of those images is 800x800 in size. >.<)b

Examples?
Here's some links to other site gijinka to give you an idea of what is meant by the term. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Date end?
10th October. That gives about 3 weeks to play with. Can't rush art and all that jazz~

Styles?
The image can be any style. All that matters is that it reflects and embodies the site. Like, you can look at it and go "Yes, that looks like RMN would as a character!"
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

What are the dimensions we should use?

I mean there's a big difference between making somethin 5000 x 5000
and 250 x 250.
800x800 should be big enough to allow people to get wild if they want but also fit nicely on the site without being stretched too much. Yeah, no larger than that.
It's time for my reign of terror to begin
*pops in*

Question: when's the deadline? I'm interested in this but I'm afraid I can't join if we're close to deadline.
we already have one it's this guy *gets shot*
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Liberty
800x800 should be big enough to allow people to get wild if they want but also fit nicely on the site without being stretched too much. Yeah, no larger than that.
You need a minimum size, not a maximum size. You can always shrink anything you get. You can't enlarge it.

I actually think 800x800 is a good minimum size. Any smaller and it could be too small to use in some situations.
I think it will be harder to make a Mascot and not a Meme.
Yeah, I mean that when you put it on the site, shrink it down to at least 800x800 else it gets a bit too big, but you can use any size canvas to draw on.

Date end, hm... how about 3 weeks? 10th October sound good?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
So this has to be an anime character?
*quietly puts away drawing of Bun-Bo.
Not necessarily. Any style is fine as long as you make sure it embodies the site in the design.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I guess I can try and make something for this, though I doubt it'll be any good.
author=Darken
we already have one it's this guy *gets shot*

are you resistins me?
WOAH <3 and yay it extends into october, I am finishing sth in september. SO THAT NICE
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc

I got kinda lazy but at least the eyes turned out nice
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sign me up!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Semi-related thought: I seem to recall somebody saying that Pom should be our mascot. This was during the rather lengthy period of time when it was the #1 buzzing game. I don't think it was related to the Misaos?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Darken
we already have one it's this guy
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Hey if it helps I think it’s really nice roden

Designing rmn as a human is nice and all but I don’t think we should have a legit mascot.

If we do have one we should have a cute little robot. Slackbot was a good madcot. Learn from Slackbot.
Pages: first 123456 next last