WEIRD DREAMS ARE MADE OF THESE

Pages: 1

I am going to tell you about my oddly disturbing dream I had last night.

It was like i was watching a movie or show - no one in it was anyone I recognized.

(Of course, this is a dream, so my memory is already a bit hazy on the deets, plus somethings don't make total sense.) Anyway, the first part of my dreams last night did involve househunting and checking out this really big house with a surprisingly large basement bedroom with an ensuite - and that lasted a while and only tangentially ties into the dream I'm going to tell you.

So, it starts out with a mother trying to comfort her young son (5 or 6 years old, maybe?) in the hallway of their house, because he was deathly scared of the monster in the closet. She was crouched next to him next to the closet door, trying to sooth him, and trying everything, but not being successful. He's going on about the monster and the sounds it makes, though, and is super upset. So she she leans in with the side of her head and places it next to the closet door, to listen in, and then goes back and says something like "See? nothing there"... except when she comes back the side of her face and hair are covered in blood and pink gibblets leaking out of the door.

...and then she's like slowly dawns on her and was like "what. the. fuuuuuuu...", feeling wetness in her hair and face and seeing the blood on her fingers.

...and opens the closet to find a mutilated body of a young teenage boy. Details are a little hazy here, but the dad and younger daughter (maybe??) come in from the kitchen where they were starting to eat supper (a large sandwich... like a party sub for some reason). So like, WTF is going on? Amd they start searching the house, and the parents discover that the front door was boobytrapped with a small antique cannon somehow, and evidence of the mutilation event happening there...

AND!

...the parents were like "oh no... not again" because they had just moved to this house and this neighborhood recently. Like, the house was still mostly empty, with boxes everywhere, and most rooms were pretty barren of stuff because it hasn't been all unpacked yet. This is all late afternoon, so the sense I got was they had recently moved to this house, and were about to have an early supper.

It turns out the boy, the son, was the one who rigged the boobytrap, and it was the sandwich delivery teenager who was blown apart, and the boy had then stuffed the body into the closet himself. The cannon had basically blown off the upper torso.

You might think, "!? That's a twist!"

It gets better.

So they start search other doors and rooms in the house, and find MORE booby traps, like a tripwire to an office or bedroom that launched a bunch of wire needles (they saw and recognized the boobytrap, and set it off safely with no one in the line of fire). The mom and dad were like "oh fuck...." AND then somehow two neighbor boys saw this (through the window maybe or something??) and it was obvious that these boys had put 2+2 together, so the parents are now like "We gotta deal with this. Protect our family from repercussions at all costs" kinda way. They were two boys about 10 to 12, brothers from the house down the street. The parents and the son decide they got to "take care of" these kids. (I should note that the daughter is like 2yo. She's kinda just along for the ride.)

So the dad (with the daughter) goes around front yards, while the mom and son go around through the back alley towards the boys' house, to trap them. Classic pincher attack. And, I can't recall the exact sequence, but another delivery boy came with another sandwich while the dad was in the frontyard and the dad was like "Seriously??? another one?", strongly implying that his son had ordered another delivery in order to boobytrap kill another teen. Then - and i can't recall how - somehow the boys down the street kill the dad, and the daughter dies too (or just kind of disappeared from my dream (?)), and while at the backyard gate to the neighbor boys' house, the creepy son was like "Don't worry I boobytrapped this gate, too, see?" and then accidently sets off his own trap (using a party sub sandwich), which launched like a catapult (?) or flung a bunch of rusty screws, and it kills the boys and himself (he was impaled in the neck - very gruesome).

So in the end the dad is dead, the daughter is dead, the neighbour boys are dead (parents weren't home at the time), and the creepy son is dead, and the mom is grieving craddling his lifeless body.

AND THEN!

She just promptly stops.
No emotion.
Drops the body to ground apathetically, and wipes the blood from her face.
She checks out her own body a bit (she's toned, still fine looking, pretty enough for mid-30s), and an inner monolog start going and thinks "yah, I could do this again. I can seduce someone and have more kids." ...and she just gets up and walks away.

IMPLYING SHE WAS THE PSYCHOPATH ALL ALONG.

Presumably she left to forge a new identity, seduce someone, and start this long game psychopath need to raise another psycho.

then I woke up and was like "WTF brain".
I'm suddenly hankering for a party sub. *drops dead body*
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
This sounds so much like 'Hard Candy'
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Dude, this needs to be a game so badly.
author=Hexatona
This sounds so much like 'Hard Candy'

That movie is awesome.

kentona I think you become more and more like my dad with each passing day, maybe there is just a universal 'dadness' variable that continues to grow once you become an actual dad, I dunno. What I do know is that my dad was always telling me about his incredibly bizarre and intricate dreams (unlike him, I very, very seldom remember my dreams) but none of them were anywhere near this HORRIFYING (just skimmed, I'll come back later for a close read because I loves me some creepypasta type stuff).
My dad power grows with each passing day
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
For some reason, my brain is only really cinematic when it comes to nightmares. Regular dreams it's like "Yeah sure whatever". Nightmares? It's like a fucking CSI episode.

Also, they are the only kinds of dreams I can actually feel what's happening. I mean like, I never feel pain per se, but the dreams always let me feel something to really drive the horror home.

Highlights include being hit by dirt as I pretend to be dead and a random shooter is firing bullets in my direction.

Also a feeling of being hit by a fine mist when I was in what can only be described as a blender vivisection room.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
That's quite a popcorn story line for a dream.
Who am I to disagree? I travel the world and the seven seas, everybody's looking for something.
Pages: 1