JUST STARTED STREAMING!

Pages: first 12 next last
Hey,

I did mainly devstreams on my twitch for the last couple of weeks and now I'll start streaming games, too.
The first title will be The New Earth by bulmabriefs144:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/1071/

I feel like this could be very interesting! :)
Stream starts tomorrow (thursday) at 3 p.m. cest 6 a.m. pdt.

Here's my twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/deep8jan
Would appreciate you droppin by!

Here's my schedule:

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Cool! There are definitely lots of RPG Maker games just waiting to be streamed. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Also, I'd recommend making a post on the games' game pages here on RMN (as well as other online presences they might have) beforehand, to let subscribers and other interested people know you'll be streaming that game, and at what time.

Best of luck!
Thanks NeverSilent. The stream was fun and I'll continue with the game next week. But this is more like a metatrash game and therefor no exactly what I'm looking for. I wanna play the crappiest game series possible. So if anyone would have a recommendation, I'd be glad.

Anyway here's the recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eImae_eHVGU&feature=youtu.be

Or watch it on twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/jandeep8endentart

Ah okay, now I found.

For the people watching the stream but unclear what IndieArt was hearing for the opening screen, this is the Opening screen song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8CkSw4hVog

Also, how did you get sound effects but no song? Oh that's why.

(Gonna comment here since I don't have Youtube account no more)

Ambrosia. But Anorogia works too. Pffft, "I'm calling her Ambrosia, I don't know what her name is." I had no idea the text works that bad on other computers. You have to kinda install the fonts, and then if it still doesn't work you use the FontChanger.

And to answer who decided on the color scheme, IndependentArt did. That was the menu with WindowedMode, and Protanopia. Protanopia means you agreed to be colorblind.

"I don't know what he wants to do with the shroom" I started laughing uncontrollably.

Oh my, that may have been a glitch? That was supposed to be the right wish.

"In the name of the universe, I am at your service" is an anime reference. It's from Tokyo Mew Mew (AKA Mew Mew Power)

I think it's "calculus textbooks".

The puzzle is a trick. You either cancel or choose option 3 (forget which). "Or maybe I have to do it as a cow?" Said no one ever.

I actually have four of five games. Alpaca: Escape For The Butcher's Shop and That Damned Redhead are kinda like this. Oracle of Tao and Tales From The Reaper are (more) serious. Then I have The Peach Wasn't Enough which is a retelling of the story of Izanagi and Izanami from Japanese myth.

Darn, you missed the best part of the movie! Blind skating girl was supposed to avoid the flowers but she tripped over them.

Thanks for the Let's Play! You couldn't have done a better job showing off everything about the game if you tried.
@bulmabriefs144:

Thanks for the comment! I tried to do everything I can, but most of the time I was more concerned with getting through.
I'll continue next week. Then I'll also have fixed font. Someone gave me the advice to disable "clear type", which apparently works.
I think it's mostly the distortion of the font though. This is what it looks like at my end. (Different game, so color scheme is different)

If it's properly patched with Font Changer, the font is more readable. Otherwise, it kinda... isn't.

And yes, I get complaints about font all the time, but I never realized how bad it looks on other computers, and the whole not being able to prepatch thing.

Oh yeah, I have two custom fonts btw. Second one looks like sorta nosferatu serif, and is very hard to read, so switch that one out probly.

Example:

ah, for gods sake, I managed to disable the filters. I assume they are sort of a troll feature, too, since with some of them the game isnt even playable ...?
Actually, these are because of OpenGL (Pepsi's patch). They're for adjusting size of game, and stuff like tone. Also, I personally need OpenGL since my computer actually has trouble with DirectDraw.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10204/

I've used CRT in games before, and some others can make a game like Gameboy. But yeah, here they're mostly for trolling.
@bulmabriefs: Well, I'll comment them then as troll features. ;)

However I want to announce, that I'm going continue playing the "The New Earth" tomorrow at 3 p.m. cest 6 a.m. pdt: https://www.twitch.tv/jandeep8endentart

This time, my friend jana is going to join.

Actually we wanted to play Xenoblade Chronicles on tuesday, but apparently my computer can't handle it, so instead we played some Vagrant Story, which was also pretty cool.
Please consider following my twitter so you see when I start streaming:
https://twitter.com/Independent8Art

It's also more convenient, so you don't have to think about the time difference of our timezones. ;)
Here's the second part of The New Earth. (gamplay starts at around 28:00)

Actually the second half of the game felt way more interesting. I'm not going to elaborate on that, just look at the stream. ^^ Or maybe peek to the end for our conclusion.
Also, we wanna play the sequel, The Oracle of Tao next thursday. :)

@Kylaila: Thanks, my dear, I'll look it up! Yet, seems to be rated way too good. :D
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Every time I see this thread pop up, I read it as "Just started screaming!"
it's maybe not the most elegant title in the history of threads :D
Hey,

just a quick reminder, that tomorrow, we'll be playing The Oracle of Tao:

As usual starting 3 p.m. cest 6 a.m. pdt: https://www.twitch.tv/jandeep8endentart
Okay, here's the first stream of Oracle of Tao:
https://youtu.be/6INwOivHqeg

Hope you like it! The game did not disappoint us. Maybe some of you peeked in?

We'll continue next thursday.
Wow, that's bizarre. The same night you decided to play Oracle of Tao, I figured out how to stream on Discord and did a Let's Play with my own game for a friend.

Oracle of Tao should slightly less trash game and kinda mock-serious, with some heavy themes and stuff. But there are goofy parts. There's a few Easter Eggs though (including some recent ones from my last update).

"A bit of a weird person" seems accurate.

To answer your question about the maximum HP, it's possible to kinda tweak that using either the David or Goliath patches. So of course I made it well beyond anything sensible.

She mentioned period debuffs. Don't worry, that's in Oracle of Tao. You also have stuff like food rotting and stuff. And birthdays (yeah, I thought of this sorta stuff too). Also, my Discord is bulmabriefs144 # 0371

The people who rated it one star played the previous version. I think the most recent one is the only exception.

As to the trash game culture, I think the US unlike the Germans (and probably esp the French, since they have a sort of self-deprecating humor) tend to see themselves as "serious artists" with all the big blockbuster movies and such. American games and movies tend to not age well, but seem okay at the time. It takes a certain mindset to actually not take yourself seriously in US. And yes, I am English as a first language, I just have ADD or something so my way of speaking is sometimes a little disorganized.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Now on to Oracle of Tao)

That's not my voice. I recruited some free voice actors and they actually played it mostly straight. TvTropes (I wrote all their voices down) has two voices for Ambrosia. Dawn Robertson for the main game, Pippa Winslow for the New Game Plus.
Oh yes, there's a Game Plus. You may be playing this for awhile if you decide to keep up with it. The rough play time I've always gotten has been about 40+ hours, but that includes grind. So I dunno when you skipped some of that.

That first thing should read "Added content is now available from (Tales From The Reaper) and vice versa." What this means, is at a certain point of the game, the game makes a .txt file which you can drag over if you've played Oracle of Tao, and it enhances scenes in Tales From The Reaper with added content. Likewise, there's a couple scenes that if you play Tales From The Reaper first, like you can go into a certain house, and one villain character explains they went on a mining sidequest. This is very blink and you miss it, but it's good to know.

That bounty battle, you can Defend. It should unlock Counter mode (it might be semi-random, can't remember) which does alot of damage. A key part of the game is puzzle battles. You can't really just level over everything, cuz some stuff is really designed against it.

And I apologize so bad for battle crashes! One of the patches from DynRPG has side effects of crashes in certain situations (I think just after you get hit sometimes, you can't use items for a short window is one of the reasons). I don't want to get rid of the plugins, unless I know which exact one it is.

Also, you might want to get a newer version. The last time I played, I noticed that I had apparently enabled Jar of Human Tears for like only Ambrosia as a beggar or something, not as an Oracle. And I've updated about four times (or more) since like the last week or two.

The tweaked tent (thingies) is semi on-purpose because one of them has woman who boosts your level (you didn't need to hack that). You have to randomly find her.

The message shows up to let you know which battle mode you're in. It's repetitive now, but when you're in like swamp terrain, it lets you know what to expect.

That uhhhh wasn't supposed to happen. The teleport is somewhat random but I'm never seen this happen.

That guy is a strawman. He's so weak that the weakest attack can knock him over, but he says nonsense strawman arguments.

I know why you got stuck in the house. It's because of map event memorize overuse (making these a common event shared by alot of stuff). I'll make a common event just for boat docks. It'll take awhile though.

The bed is so expensive because it scales with your level to build. Getting priest subscription and bed early helps you ALOT for the game. So does selling junk you won't equip and don't need. Since you can use the tent to heal, a bed is a major expense.

I think the pizza got lost in the shuffle somehow. I'm gonna check the code though. Ah, I see. I didn't want the ring menu to have some apocalyptic timer running in the background so I just decided using the ring menu quits the timers. I switched it to an older style timer, then give you a refund if you've got another timer running.

I think I have an upgrade for most of the major things you mentioned, but you'll probably want to unload the update to somewhere, then move the save files over or something (overwriting whatever I've got).

Bleh. The New Earth, I wasn't quite as neurotic about. Let's just let him play the game, and I'll update any bugs later.
Just a quick reminder, that today our stream continues! Starting as usual 3 p.m. cest 6 a.m. pdt:
https://www.twitch.tv/jandeep8endentart

Hopefully we don't get stuck somewhere. :D

@bulmabriefs144

Question about the title:

I noticed in the stream that the title says in Japanese とうきょう の よげんしゃ (Toukyou no yogensha) but the game title is "Oracle of Tao" and not Toyko.

Is there a story behind the English vs Japanese mismatch? :)
I believe I put it through Google Translate. And I think it's an inexact translation, like I didn't literally insert Oracle of Tao in there, but paraphrased. Actually, I think I might have used a romanji translater to cobble it together.

Yogensha means "prophet"

"Tou" "Kyou" for instance isn't just part of the word sounding like tokyo.

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-kyou.html

きょう means "fortune" (esp bad fortune) and also "sutras" (Buddhist scriptures)

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-tou.html

とう "Tou" means "to ask" from which you're loosely getting a connotation of going to a medium. It also means "light (as in, lamp)"

So "prophet of prophecy/prophet of light and bad fortune" (intending to mean "prophet of good and bad fortune") Totally how the language works.

Basically, it's garbage paraphrase translation. But it looks cool so yeah.

By the way, I have figured out why he's having the battle crash. RPS+ does alot of battle features like ignoring reflect and setting a minimum damage. Unfortunately, after you take damage, trying to heal within a round yields the error "event script referenced an item that does not exist." It actually does, but the RPS+ basically scrambles operations directly following damage. It seems like you can't use scroll items or medicine in battle, so since I want to keep I'm developing a bizarre workaround using switches instead, and having no item targeting. It's terrible... any sane person would just remove the plugin.

In regards to the timed event, I have not always gotten it to work (doesn't work minimized for instance). I gave it a random chance of having Ambrosia blow up the screen and some other stuff. But no, it wasn't audible then. It should not have been recognized by the Youtube algorithm, I got it from a creative commons website. I can even show you the website, if you want. Punks. The timer will not probably work on the older version, cuz among other issues, there is an out of place off-switch. Oh it did. Yeah, I think it's random what it does to some extent.

Argh, and you somehow managed to pass the one object that wasn't a snowman like ten times withour talking to it. And you broke sequence so hard in Aiken Monastery. I don't think your fears of it not being a trash game will ever be realized though. Especially since I'm gonna bypass buggy crashes with an even worse coding technique.
Pages: first 12 next last