FONT CHANGE

Pages: 1
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Is there a way to change the font within RPG Maker 2003. I don't like the font and want to use my own, and if so how?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
There's an .exe floating around for this, but I can't remember the name. Try Google or something. :-\
It's in the GW resource/help section - in a stickied topic. Just to make it easier.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
GW has a few tutorials on it, and a couple are bad. If you really want to change the font you will need a hex editor. You'll have to open up the RPG_RT.exe file for your game and replace all mentions of the current font used in your game with the name of a different font in the windows fonts folder. Sometimes the font name is also too long to be replaced in the hex editor and you will also have to open the font itself in a hex editor and shorten the name that windows recognizes it as.

Some fonts simply don't work, others look bad. Bitmap style fonts generally yield the best results. Monotype is sometimes successful.
Actually, if you look in the stickied topic then you'll find a link to an editor. It's easy to use, too.

EDIT: HERE! About the tenth or so link.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Found the font editor, thank you. Now taking your advice Magi, what about TrueType fonts, they just don't work well?
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=Liberty link=topic=4081.msg83132#msg83132 date=1246104014
Actually, if you look in the stickied topic then you'll find a link to an editor. It's easy to use, too.

Humph yeah you can use that if you don't want to be cool.

author=NoblemanNick link=topic=4081.msg83142#msg83142 date=1246112112
Found the font editor, thank you. Now taking your advice Magi, what about TrueType fonts, they just don't work well?
Never ever
author=Liberty

Either the link broke, or the site broke, because I don't see nothing here but a wierd mess of a differant langauge, any ideas?
It's quite easy: You open your rpg_rt.exe, enter the names of the new fonts, click Test (RM2k RTP needs to be installed for testing) to see how they look, and click Übernehmen to apply the changes.

It doesn't work with most TrueType fonts because the anti-alias makes them look ugly.
author=jc984
http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/99506-Programmvorstellung-RM2K-Font-Changerits in german so use google translator or ask Cherry himself.

My google won't translate, it says there's an error. And there are other programs I may need.Like the power patch, where pretty much I keep getting broken links from here.
I already told you how to use it, one post above yours. You don't need any other translation at all, I think...
Pages: 1