[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=pianotm
InfectionFiles
The Merlin role sounds broken but if someone is Percival they can see Merlin or Morgana. But, it's possible there isn't a Morgana? So Percy would see Merlin as PA if his claim is true.
Yeah, not sure how well this is going to work.
I don't know how any of this works if PA is telling the truth lmao
It's a rather strange setup in hindsight. A lot of roles depend on other roles, and there's no guarantee any of them are even in the game.

I think there is potential to revive mafia given how many players joined this, so maybe if we try hosting something a bit more fleshed out? It sounds like this one pretty much died.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I will point out that Jeroen, in #chatgames, expressed that Merlin role-claiming is exactly what he was afraid of happening.
InfectionFiles
Yeah that would of been my main concern too, but I would also hope nobody is dumb enough to actually do that had the game been balanced better.

I speculated a bit beforeg ame on how I'd play as merlin if I rolled it and well...looks like that'll never happen unless jeroen decides to completely rebalance the game and try again.
I, uh, don't think you should all be calling the game just yet haha. And maybe consider how seriously you want to take a roleclaim that comes with an avatar change and suicide vote.
Plus even if Merlin has perfect knowledge of alignment (and Mordred doesn't exist), he doesn't know roles, meaning an assassin could take him out with the vengeance kill if Merlin did come out in the open. Have some faith in the balancing.

That said, if the quest "Not Mordred" thing is really literally "not the role Mordred" vs "not aligned with Mordred" then I think we can assume Mordred exists or that's totally useless information revealed for something that's supposed to be a success.
Oof, I thought this was starting tomorrow. Hello guys I'm here now!!

The reveal would have to be "aligned with Mordred", I think? We gain basically no info if it's just "is or is not mordred" plus if mordred isn't in the game it would be actually no information.

InfectionFiles
author=psy_wombats
I, uh, don't think you should all be calling the game just yet haha. And maybe consider how seriously you want to take a roleclaim that comes with an avatar change and suicide vote.
This is a early D1 bombshell, of course we are gonna overreact!
Also, I'm very confused by platinumashes claim?? If he's Merlin it makes no sense, if he's not Merlin it makes no sense.

He'd have to be *trying* to lose either way, but then he also seems to be trying to participate in the same post. We definitely should not lynch him, either way bc it's too risky.
InfectionFiles
author=Gourd_Clae

The reveal would have to be "aligned with Mordred", I think? We gain basically no info if it's just "is or is not mordred" plus if mordred isn't in the game it would be actually no information.

author=Gourd_Clae

Heeeyoo! I've been waiting around for it to start even though we still had a day haha I'm glad it started early!
InfectionFiles
@Gourd- What do you think of this claim?
pianotm
Gourd_Clae

I'm pretty sure it's Monday, now, for Jeroen.
InfectionFiles
ah, you ninja'd me, but yeah, definitely not lynching PA
pianotm
InfectionFiles
ah, you ninja'd me, but yeah, definitely not lynching PA

Hell no!

Yeah that's why it felt like game throwing to me, because it was an action that made literally no sense to do. I do understand pianos reasoning for it though if that is the case.

I supposed there is a chance for us if we can kill mordred day 1 (assuming in game), and we have a lancealot (also assuming in game). If the claim is real though, we have nearly a 0% chance of recovering from that.
author=demonlord5000
Yeah that's why it felt like game throwing to me, because it was an action that made literally no sense to do. I do understand pianos reasoning for it though if that is the case.

I supposed there is a chance for us if we can kill mordred day 1 (assuming in game), and we have a lancealot (also assuming in game). If the claim is real though, we have nearly a 0% chance of recovering from that.

That's a lot of if's. :\

I do think it's important not give up yet though. It could be fake. Maybe PA is playing mindgames like cave would do? A little less aggressive than cave but yeah XD
Alright, I'll just continue until jeroen tells us otherwise.

Let's assume platinums claim is real for now, in which case I want to ask, according to you, who is scum in this game? We don't actually know how many scum are in this game, and if the number seems off, hes either lying, or there is a mordred and he just doesn't know who it is.

Doubt anything will come of asking this but worth a shot right.
author=pianotm
Gourd_Clae

I'm pretty sure it's Monday, now, for Jeroen.

That makes sense but also the thought never entered my head til I checked and saw the game had started. Then I went back a few pages and saw "my lynching" and was like ?? I haven't even been online Things escalated quickly while I was gone apparently!
pianotm
Yeah, that was the pre-game joke stuff.