[RMVX ACE] SPECIAL ABILTY PARAMATERS.

Pages: 1
Is there a script call to change the Special ability parameters (ie MP Cost rate, TP Charge rate etc)?

EG: I want to be able to train Mage A so all his spells permanently cost 10% less.

I can make a new identical class with the addition of MP Cost -10% and change classes, but that is extremely inefficient, especially if I want to be able to improve multiple abilities or have tiers (spell mastery 1: -10%, spell mastery 2: -15%, etc..)

Thanks

Also, is there a way to search the forums??
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Are we talking mid-game? There sort of is. Like, the way I apply the Unite skill-category (and actual Unite skill) in this game had some mid-game feature finagling. The script that added Unite skills looked like...

# Adds a Unite skill appropriate to characters.
def add_unite(skill_id)
  array = $data_skills[skill_id].unite
  i = 0
  while i < array.size
    # Adds the Unite skill category.
    actor = $data_actors[array[i]]
    skill_type = UNITE_SKILL_TYPE_ID
    feature = RPG::BaseItem::Feature.new(41, skill_type)
    actor.features.push(feature)
    feature = RPG::BaseItem::Feature.new(43, skill_id)
    actor.features.push(feature)
    $game_actors[array[i]].unite(true)
    i += 1
  end
end

...this. There's more stuff going on behind the scenes, and I don't know off the top of my head what the value associated with MCR (mp cost rate) is. However, this code-block seemed most relevant to your case.

I swear I tried messing with $game_actors[x].features, but, wasn't getting the results I was looking for? I don't exactly recall. It was a while ago. However, I will note that $data_actors is not an object that is saved by default. I just didn't particularly mind that in the case of the aforementioned game, as I had other data I needed to add to the save function anyway.
Pages: 1