I HAVE BEEN WRITING SOME MUSIC!

Pages: 1
I have been writing some music lately! You guys should listen to it and let me know what you think.

Rapture, written September 11, 2007. Get it at: http://www.brandonabley.com.

This song written specifically with a small chamber ensemble in mind, in this case two violins, a cello, and a harp. The second violin is playing double stops almost the entire time, in case you were wondering. This song could easily be converted into a string quartet, with the lower second violin harmony being played on viola, I guess, but I doubt it will ever be performed anyway so who cares!

Direct link: http://www.brandonabley.com/Music/Dragoon%20Legends/Rapture_Album.mp3
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Your music has improved a lot over the years. More thoughts coming later.
I liked it a lot.
Not sure what else to say, except that I'd like to hear more.
So guys, there are like at least 60 views of this topic and only two replies? I'd like some feedback :'( :'( :'( :'(

WIP: That's a very polite way of saying that you don't like my music! That's okay, though, because I don't really like any of the stuff you listen to either.

Gredlen: Thank you sir! Glad you enjoyed it. There is definitely more coming. I have a lot of draft pieces from this soundtrack but I guess this is the only finished one! I really look forward to the end result, though. Anyway, I guess that's all you need to say. From non-musicians, all I really expect is a thumbs up or a thumbs down.
Just listened to your piece of music. After hearing that i still remain a number one fan of classical music.

Simply Amazing. ;D
So I'm almost completely done with the soundtrack to this game -- that is, the game that this piece of music is from. I was thinking about posting some more drafts here and/or at my blog. The music is really very subtle and quiet and I think it's quite beautiful!

Would you guys like to hear more drafts or would you just prefer that I finish the whole thing and post that instead? I imagine it's only a few weeks away (my composition instructor will flip when I provide an entire symphonic suite as my assignment for the semester, which is an entire music education's worth of composition).
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I'd prefer to wait for the whole, finished product.
Pages: 1