Yes
13%
No
86%

Pages: first prev 12 last
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
I've already upgraded to Windows 11
Any idea how the RPG Maker versions are running on Windows 11? I'm especially curious about RMXP.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
author=Luc
Any idea how the RPG Maker versions are running on Windows 11? I'm especially curious about RMXP.

That would be interesting to see. I would say MV / MZ should be fine since they were made when Windows 10 was around. But the further you go back, the harder it gets. I would say XP / VX / Ace should have no issues, but can't guarantee that. I think anything older than that might be at the most risk, but who knows. And I'm just talking engines, and not games made with the engines (Vanilla versions vs. games with scripts, etc...)
EasyRPG could help you run RM2k and 2k3 games then.
If I execute the legacy RPG_RT.exe, the game starts but no input is processed, so I'm stuck on the title screen. Windows 7 compatibility mode seems to work but a weird side effect is that my explorer always crashes when a game is started. That seems to be a problem with the changing of the screen resolution in Windows 11 though.
@Kaesekumpel How did you upgrade to Windows 11 already? I'm still waiting for the notification . . .
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
You can go to Microsoft's website and get it. And there has been a notification in the past month that was easily missed. I ignored it.
Can anyone tell me how to update it. Or you can contact people via spam
pianotm
JulioHolland
Can anyone tell me how to update it. Or you can contact people via SPAM SPAM SPAMMIE SPAM SPAM SPAM

Sure, all you have to do is fuck off to wherever spambots fuck off to.
I send them to hell.
pianotm

Might be a channel worth keeping an eye on for Win11 updates.
I am FINALLY satisfied with Windows 10. After like 2 years of major issues, and about 3 more where it's been ok.

I have no interest in upgrading until 11 is in a good, comfortable state. And not until I need to reformat or change my hard drive.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Luc

RPG Maker XP doesn't even run properly on Windows XP. I wouldn't expect a miracle.
Anyone tried a game on Windows 11 from different RPG Maker programs?
I ran the program that came with a recent Windows 10 update that judges your computer's likelihood of being able to run 11 fine, and it gave a warning about TPM being disabled in my UEFI config, which already makes me a bit wary. I'm going to be building my new computer today (my old GPU took a dump and the system is due for an upgrade), and one of the first things I'm going to do as soon as the new computer is built is disable TPM, and I have no intention of reenabling it, even if it makes Windows sad.
pianotm
Eggbertx
I ran the program that came with a recent Windows 10 update that judges your computer's likelihood of being able to run 11 fine, and it gave a warning about TPM being disabled in my UEFI config, which already makes me a bit wary. I'm going to be building my new computer today (my old GPU took a dump and the system is due for an upgrade), and one of the first things I'm going to do as soon as the new computer is built is disable TPM, and I have no intention of reenabling it, even if it makes Windows sad.

You don't have to. TPM is disabled by default. It has to be enabled in the BIOS. But enabling it makes absolutely no difference anyway.
Oh, somehow I thought I remember it being enabled by default on my old computer and I hadn't done any major UEFI-related configuration since 2013 when I first built it.
After reading all posts, believe okay!
Haven't upgraded to 11, I'm still using 10 and it's good!
Well damn, it turns out a recent VirtualBox update introduced a bug that causes VMs to not boot in Windows 10. Nice. Thankfully they still have the older versions available for download.
Pages: first prev 12 last