UNLIMITED ADVENTURES COMMUNITY WELCOMES NEW PLAYERS!

Pages: 1
Gold Box is just the beginning...

With the upcoming Steam re-release of the classic Gold Box D&D computer role-playing-games, our community would like to welcome you to the world of Unlimited Adventures!

What is Unlimited Adventures?

Unlimited Adventures, also known as UA or FRUA, is a game maker for Gold Box style CPRGs, first released by Strategic Simulations in 1993.

the Tale of Twin Dragons by Darius Whiteheart (editor mode)

If you loved Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, or the Dark Queen of Krynn, then UA is your portal to hundreds of games built upon the same Gold Box engine. With nearly three decades of creative effort by independent artists and game designers, UA offers truly unlimited possibilities.

UA games exist set in nearly every known Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting, including Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Planescape, and Mystara, many of them faithful adaptations of classic modules such as Nol Drek's Queen of the Demonweb Pits. Ray Dyer's the Realm series alone features conversions of over 40 D&D modules.

world map of Barovia from Strahd's Need by Bruce Neal

Beyond the D&D multiverse, ambitious hackers have opened up large portions of the UA source code to enable role-playing in diverse genres, such as Oriental Adventures (OAUA) Superhero (SHUA), and the Wild West (WWUA). The UA 'Hall of Fame' includes over 200 module titles.

How do I acquire Unlimited Adventures?

Along with other Gold Box titles, UA is cheaply available from Gog.com, and has recently been re-released on Steam on March 29th, 2022.

How do I install Unlimited Adventures?

UA is typically run on DosBox, and adventure modules may be downloaded from our module archive. If you want to try some of the more extensively hacked games, apps such as FRUA Module Manager and UAShell allow easy alternation between custom designs. The UA community is happy to provide assistance and walk new players through the installation process.

I want to do my own game!

New designers are always most greatly welcome in our community! Please, stop by our forums! Many of the best creators in UA's long history are still active today. We are a friendly and open community of game designers, programmers, and artists with a thirty year heritage of independent and noncommercial creative work. We are always happy to help new indie game designers make their visions become reality.

. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .

Left to right: battlemat art by Hans with Pathfinder fiend icons by Freetiamat,
town walls by Kaz-Keith against starry night backdrop by Hans,
EGA picture and combat art by Adam

The UA community has seen something of a renaissance in activity of late, We've recently renovated our forums and upgraded our library of UA art. The Image Gallery features tens of thousands of pieces of UA art freely available to all aspiring designers.

The UA community strives to be a supportive place for people of diverse backgrounds and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination.

Please make a game page if this is your game that you're trying to encourage people to play. Thanks!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It seems to be an ancient game engine. I'm a bit terrified of using a game engine that was made in 1993, but this has the potential to actually be really cool. I guess I'll add it to rpgmaker.net's list of engines!
Pages: 1