[RM2K] OLD 2001 RM2K GAME IMAGES AND SCREENSAVER

Pages: 1
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!

Going through some old files I found an old 2001 German rm2k screensaver and some old rm2k random game images.

Despite being downloaded from a 2001 German rm2k fan-site, quite a few English games pop up in here.

I extracted the images from the screensaver for your viewing pleasure, because I know the screensaver won't work on most modern systems.

I recognize a few games:

Vampires Dawn - Reign of Blood
RPGmaker Story
Exile
A Blurred Line
Onyx
Aurora's Tear
Kindred Saga
Phylomortis II

But I have no idea about any of the other games in the screensaver.

The other random images were also downloaded around the same time (for the most part) from several different rm2k websites (English, German and Spanish) of the era. There's even a small video preview of a Resident Evil style game!

From these old images I recognize Aurora's Tear (all the "aurora" images) and Sistema de Batalla 2.0 by Ahruon (a really cool sideview Spanish system, image "Mooncry.jpg").

I also included a translation of the German text (google translated though, so I apologise for any inaccuracies) in the screensaver.

It's interesting to notice what English games the German rm2k users of the time thought were cool. Also interesting are the images from sideview battle systems which were all the rage at the time. I wonder how many of these demos/games were released and how many were lost to time.

You can get everything here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw3v7ly8o4gslya/2001%20German%20rm2k%20screensaver.zip?dl=0

(you don't really need a dropbox account, simply close the login window and download the file using the button at the top left corner of the screen)

Enjoy?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=iddalai
Enjoy?

Thanks for sharing this with us buddy, I'm sure that like me, there's plenty of other people here that will enjoy this.
Pages: 1