RMNCAST: EPISODE 5

Pages: first 12 next last
http://rmncast.podbean.com/

This week we discuss the amateur classic game Aurora Wing by DFalcon, as well as things happening around the rpgmaker.net community.

Hosts Brandon Abley And McDohl return, along with cohosts WIP and RCHolbert.

This episode is dedicated to R. Cholbert.

We are still using PodBean because RMN3 is not yet finished. Through podbean you can subscribe in itunes.

Episode 6 will cover Release Something and will be published Monday, Dec. 29.
author=TooManyToasters link=topic=2753.msg51735#msg51735 date=1229916007
I reiterate: it's about fucking time.
Actually, it isn't! The file is still uploading. <3

Okay, try it now.
Cool, as always downloading now and listening to it.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
For those wondering why I am quiet on this, I recorded from via a terrible wifi connection at the hotel where I was staying. It worked decently for person-to-person calls (what we tested it on), but once it was all four of us on my puny bandwidth I kept dropping me off.

There were at least three times I felt like Brandon was being a big jerk and talking over me, but when I listened to the unedited podcast I realized it was because no one could here me. :(

On the plus side, it gave me a cool robotic modulator voice.

I haven't listened to the official version yet, but the uncut one was a blast.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Do I need to get a restraining order? My name was mentioned three times, once no big deal, but two times in a semi-mocking fashion.

It was all in good fun before but this is ridiculous.

edit: okay, it wasn't that big of a deal. Christ almighty.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
lol oh man I can't wait until I get to that part.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Max McGee link=topic=2753.msg51767#msg51767 date=1229921252
lol oh man I can't wait until I get to that part.

You just want the attention. Jealousy is an ugly thing.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Aw look at you. Out here on a big trip. :-*

Btw: What do you get when you cross a bad joke with a broken record? You. I listened to that podcast and they mentioned your name exactly once in a completely innocuous context. You are fucking insane.
Max: Do me a favor and drop this shit before I get really annoyed. Thanks.

Harm: Take this to WIP or whatever.

Not the topic for this stuff.
author=Holbert link=topic=2753.msg51740#msg51740 date=1229916704
On the plus side, it gave me a cool robotic modulator voice.
You sounded like an evil alien overlord. It was pretty awesome.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
LMFAO... Funniest part is when McDohl made that noise. Reminded me of Pacman. XD
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
LIKE LIKE LIKE

UM UM UM
Hey I do not listen to My Chemical Romance anymore. >:(

(This was a pretty funny podcast, though!)
Happy
Devil's in the details
Yeah I'd have to say this has been one of the most entertaining ones. Enjoyed it pretty much.

Can't wait for the RS one.
Just finished listening and it sounded great guys.

@Holb- I really liked the way you introduced yourself. :)
Brandon, are you dead?

In any event, this was a very good one, it's interesting seeing the four of you work together. WIP is a pretty funny guy when he's speaking.

Also, I have to comment (and start discussion maybe?) on the concept of punishing the player. When you mentioned Star Ocean brandon, that makes me think about games (such as Star Ocean) that are designed to have you miss something, because that is what enables you to get something else.

Opening A lets you get B, but you can't get C. Opening C lets you get D, but you can't get B and so on. An example is in Star Ocean 2; you can't get Opera and Ashton at the same time, and that's what gives the game replay value. I can't even remember how many times I've replayed SO2 (and related games) to get something I missed, but I can't say I felt punished.
Yeesh wow, we really do need new mics. :P
author=BlindSight link=topic=2753.msg51814#msg51814 date=1229934876
Hey I do not listen to My Chemical Romance anymore. >:(

(This was a pretty funny podcast, though!)
Did you really grow a few inches and lose 20 pounds.
Or was that even you they talked about, I forgot already.

The discussions were great and pretty funny at times. I'm assuming the next podcast will be twice as long due to RS, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
DE
*click to edit*
Umm, I didn't like it :(
There was too much pointless blather and stupid jokes and not enough real content. I turned the podcast off around the 45 minute mark because I couldn't bear you guys talking about... nothing.

I listen to a lot of miniature wargaming podcasts and stupid red herrings such as these are the first thing to get axed. I don't listen to podcasts to hear stupid inside jokes, I listen to people with a certain amount of knowledge discussing topics relevant and/or important to the hobby. Kinda like "amateur professionals" exchanging points of view and providing insight into different aspects of game making.

On top of that sometimes some of you sounded like you didn't really feel like taking part in the podcast anymore and would have liked to log off and do something else.

Also - establish the topics to be discussed beforehand, think them through, maybe even rehearse, and make sure that when you're to talk about a certain game, everyone has played it. It helps :)

Sorry for being harsh, but I was dissapointed in this episode. Number 4 was much better.

What I'd like to hear in the next episode(s) is a kind of a news flash. Most important events happening in the community over past few weeks, read by just one person and no comments from others. These thing are very enjoyable.
Pages: first 12 next last