2K3 - ENABLE COMBO WITH ITEMS

Pages: 1
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
New issue: What is the maximum limit on events per map in 2k3. I'm already pushing 1200, so I though I'd ask.
Also, the VAST majority of them are two- or three-page events if that counts for anything.
Dear god! What are you doing?

The limit for parellel process events is close to 15~20, befor elag is unbearable.
LouisCyphre
They're not parallel process. They're roof tiles set to turn transparent color when the hero enters a building (revealing the interior) and reappear when the hero exits the building. They're set up so that the first page is the roof tile above hero, and the second page is the transparent color with a switch condition.
Couldn't you achieve the same effect with two identical maps, one with a roof over the house, and one with the interiors shown and do a fade out with instant show transition between them?
LouisCyphre
Not for what I'm trying to do. But yeah, I just need to know how many events I can get away with on a map. I believe it's either 5000 or 9999. Thing is, three buildings and all of their roof tiles are already taking 1450 events. I intend to do that instant teleport thing to stitch multiple maps into one.
I'm pretty sure that you're only limited to the amount of space in your map. With the way the luciferdatabase is set up though it might only be able to have 9999 events.
...You know, RPG Maker was originally called Dante, right? And the database is called Lucifer. Could that be why sometimes making a game feels like going through nine layers of hell?

RPG Maker 95 allowed for 100,000 events (using 0 as the start event), so I could hardly imagine RPG Maker 2003 allowing less. Of course, that number for RM95 is for the entire game, not just one map. So, I'd guess it's 5,000 events per map, just like everything else in the database.
LouisCyphre
Another question:
Enable combo refuses to work with items. I want a command that allows a character to use an item twice in rapid succession. How to I do this.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Did you have two of the same item?
LouisCyphre
It was a test battle, so yes I had ninety-nine of them. Any way to do this?
Pages: 1