WHAT CHEERS YOU UP WHEN EMOTIONAL?

Pages: first 12 next last
What makes you feel better when you're emotional?

For me it's playing videogames and watching anime.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
I become joyous at other people's expense believe it or not.
I have an obsessive personality (not to mention plain ol' OCD), so when I'm emotional over something, 9/10 times it's because I'm obsessed with it. I use my favorite method of displacement. Get into a spat with the bf? Shift focus from the bf to my favorite TV show which I know every episode of back and forth. Lost something important to me? Read all of a webcomic from start to finish with no breaks.

Basically I try and get my mind off of it by thinking about something else that's relatively untaxing. But then again, I'm kind of an atypical behavioral type, so my advice may not be the best.
Well, chocolate helps. ^.^

As does focussing on something else. Usually a good book or game for me.
I go to sleep when I'm sad. I wake up feeling refreshed.
Music always makes me feel better. Even better, listening to music while working out.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Shooting kittens.
Exercising vigorously while I am drunk. When I am falling apart I hit the tavern with my buds and then go on a long, angry run. I routinely injure myself somehow when I do this but it really works out the kinks. Also it burns lots of cals.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Definitly RM Games. Although, sometimes they're the problem! (I got really angry when I reached the end of the Alter AILA Genesis Demo.)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=WIP link=topic=2768.msg52345#msg52345 date=1230143916
Shooting kittens.

Totally unsurprised.

author=brandonabley link=topic=2768.msg52348#msg52348 date=1230144463
Exercising vigorously while I am drunk.

I believe they have a name for that and it is called casual sex.

i cut myself lol

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in here to annoyingly point out that CHEER is in fact an emotion, so the title of this topic is flawed, flawed!
Masamune
A guy walks into a bar and his alcoholism is destroying his family.
A dub sack and a vanilla dutch, works wonders.
author=Masamune link=topic=2768.msg52481#msg52481 date=1230215837
A dub sack and a vanilla dutch, works wonders.

Hell yeah, son.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Nightblade, that made my day!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Drugs/alcohol/cigarettes and if I'm in a position or having none of the mentioned.. A fight or music, generally punching something. If sad.. Pretty much the same.
Either watching Scrubs, reading Jack Kerouac, or listening to The Weepies. A twenty minute nap sometimes works too. While some might call it meditation, I'd rather refer to it as a twenty minute nap. :P

Videogames occasionally work if they're easy and fun, but since I like very few easy, fun games they tend to make me feel even worse.

EDIT: Oh, watching the Hey Ashley, Whatcha Playing? videos, too.
aimlessly surfing the web. watching stupid videos or a movie or reading craigslist lol. the best of stuff is hilarious :D
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Mother 3 merchandise.
Reading and music, being productive or going for a walk.
Pages: first 12 next last