RMNCAST: EPISODE 6

Pages: first 12 next last
http://rmncast.podbean.com/

RMNCast: Episode 6 exclusively covers Release Something V, an event where amateur game-makers release their current projects (whether finished or not) at RPGMaker.net. Hosts Brandon Abley, Matt “McDohl”, and Legion/Max McGee discuss almost 30 game releases!

Podcast is late because of complications with various hosts, technical difficulties, and my moving to a new apartment. But they are always late, aren't they?

EDIT: It is actually uploaded now :(
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Ah, the long-awaited RMNCast 6! I'll have to check this out later. It's too late to be browsing the interwebs...
I've been waiting for this one. <3
Listening now.
Before anyone asks, yes, we recorded this while on the awesome beaches of Waikiki.

Holb treats us well.
Good work guys. Listening to this now.
I was hoping to get the first post.
Oh well. It's about fucking time anyway.
hey you should post a news announcement.
Yeah guys, the audio is . . . really really bad. There was this incredibly huge amount of background noise that I think was coming from Max's headset/room. The audio sounds a little weird and overcompressed because I had to put the audio through a truly outrageous number of filters.
I wonder, did RTP 1.3 exist in 2001? I thought it was introduced a little later to work with RM2k3, as well.

It was interesting to hear about the many different games released. Perhaps now I can play some of them.

Also, the little mix-up with Dragon Fantasy II at the end might not be as big of an error as you may think. I might have something released later in the year.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=brandonabley link=topic=2944.msg57310#msg57310 date=1232552018
Yeah guys, the audio is . . . really really bad. There was this incredibly huge amount of background noise that I think was coming from Max's headset/room. The audio sounds a little weird and overcompressed because I had to put the audio through a truly outrageous number of filters.

Umm...didn't we check the audio like twice and you said it was fine?
author=Max McGee link=topic=2944.msg57351#msg57351 date=1232562972

Yes :(
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Well, I can't say I'm surprised.

@brandonabley: Thanks for sticking up for PH a little. I was surprised to learn you thought PH4 was better, though. I know that demo had some problems, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the bottom of the barrel. Seems like I really confuse people when I say it's not a Pokemon game, but you kinda saw how hard it is to explain, too.

@those who don't get what I mean: It's a traditional RPG with Pokemon as the monsters, as opposed to an emulation of the commercial Pokemon games. So, technically, it is a Pokemon game, but plays nothing like a typical Pokemon game.

@McDohl: If you still want to give it a try, go ahead. I have a better idea of where I stand now.

@Max McGee: I'm not surprised you didn't play it, but you did sound a bit surprised when Brandon was explaining it! I'll never force it on you, though. And, yes, if I replaced all the Pokemon, it would just be "Hunter 2." But that's the point.

Good job with the podcast, especially considering how long it was!
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
I liked the podcast, good show chaps.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=brandonabley link=topic=2944.msg57353#msg57353 date=1232563083
author=Max McGee link=topic=2944.msg57351#msg57351 date=1232562972

Yes :(

I called Abley today to ask him why the hell he recorded the podcast in front of a giant windmill. Then he hung up on me.
yeah the audio was pretty bad but it was still listenable.

(is that even a word :P)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
So I listened to bits and parts of this, focusing on Demon Tower and Harbinger. I'm surprised that you guys didn't hate the forest dungeon in Harb, since Karsu and I have decided that it was neat at first but wound up being an EPIC FAIL on my part.

Also <3

McDohl: There is totally going to be a Flik vs. Weiner one-hour coming out someday.

MODIFY: Also, Him, you sounded different from what I expected. Like... I was thinking of some kind of whiny/fruity/annoying voice. You know what this means! :naughty: :-* ::)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Brandon has a voice BUILT for NPR.

Also, I never got to the forest dungeon in Harbinger because I never got past the GOD DAMN BAT CREATURES.

I cannot listen to this, btw, it is frustrating because it sounds like we recorded this in front of an eight lane HIGHWAY when in fact I was extra careful to make sure there was no background noise in the room I was in and Brandon even checked the sound levels.

Also, I hate the sound of my own voice, but doesn't everyone?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I didn't that your voice sounded bad, Max. What's wrong with it? :<
Pages: first 12 next last