HOW DO I MAKE SCROLLING CLOUDS ON THE WORLD MAP?

Pages: 1
...And also sort of a strange issue. In my item screen, armor, weapons, and the like appear first, before perishable items and such. How do I fix this?
1) You simply do it with a show picture, move picture, parallel process. I had a huge cloud picture and a small world map so I didn't need to loop it.

2) This happens because, in the database you've created weapons etc before items, so they're futher down the list. Same happens with Magic and skills. If that's not the case, then I don't know.
Yeah, the order in the database determines order in your inventory. Tres lame. I try to leave a bunch of space between groups of items, but I always run out of room and my inventory gets messed up.
1) You simply do it with a show picture, move picture, parallel process. I had a huge cloud picture and a small world map so I didn't need to loop it.

Yeah but, how? What's the code?
I still need the scrolling clouds code.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2945.msg57585#msg57585 date=1232646517
I still need the scrolling clouds code.
I don't know the code myself, but you can possibly borrow it from other games that have used it (Balmung Cycle, Destiny's Blades, etc).
I'm not very good at pictures with coordinates, etc :(.

I can't find it from Balmung, though! I looked all over; where would that code be?

EDIT: Found it, haha.
Feld, all you have to do is know your coordinates for RPG Maker. (0x,0y) means the picture will appear at the upper left hand corner of the map. When you increase the numbers, the the picture will appear towards the bottom right. So increasing your x coordinate will move the picture right, while increasing your y coordinate will lower your image.

It's good to know this whenever you want a picture at a certain spot or want to move it to a certain spot. Start the picture at whatever coordinates you want, and have them move towards whatever direction you want. Usually people just make the clouds move from top left to bottom right. Have it scroll with the map (I forgot what its called, whatever) so the clouds don't move away from the hero. It's better to know this that just copying something from another game. You might need this information later.

Coordinates are very important, but very simple to learn!
Pages: 1