TEXT QUESTION

Pages: 1
Is there a way to fix the text in RPG Maker 2003? I downloaded the program and the letters seem to overlap at certain times. For example:

As you can see, certain letters overlap. I was just wondering if maybe there was a download to fix it like there was in RM2k.

Thanks!
Downoad this and copy the .ttf and .fon files into your Windows/Fonts directory.
Now, after I do that, will everyone who plays my game have to do that as well? Or will it be fixed for them when they download the game?
If they don't have those fonts installed then it'll be in that messed up state. Most people that'll play it here won't have a problem I reckon.

Also that why should be while in your text box.
author=ZPE link=topic=3188.msg62769#msg62769 date=1235184628
Also that why should be while in your text box.

Lol, yeah I noticed that after I posted it.

Thanks for the info though. Kinda sucks because a few of my pals aren't members on here so I'll have to walk them through the install process. Oh wellz.

Also, where is the font directory located?
RM2k3 doesn't like most default window fonts and it will only use fonts in the Windows/Fonts directory so its pretty much "argh rm2k3".

Try this RPG_RT, it uses a default Windows font and it's readable! I might be getting a false positive though, it uses the MS Gothic font and I think I replaced mine with the RM2k3 fix font.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=3188.msg62771#msg62771 date=1235185353
RM2k3 doesn't like most default window fonts and it will only use fonts in the Windows/Fonts directory so its pretty much "argh rm2k3".

Try this RPG_RT, it uses a default Windows font and it's readable! I might be getting a false positive though, it uses the MS Gothic font and I think I replaced mine with the RM2k3 fix font.

So if I download that, it will fix it? Where do I put the .exe once it's downloaded?

Sorry, I'm not that computer savvy, at least not with Windows.
Put it in the game's main directory where all the maps and the original RPG_RT.exe is stored. Rename your original RPG_RT.exe, put that RPG_RT.exe in your game directory, and try running it and see if the font is readable or not. (preferebly on a computer that doesn't have the font fix on it)
Pages: 1