ACTION GAME MAKER FEATURES REVEALED

Pages: first 123 next last
This is a re-post of Kav's topic which was derailed and sent to the dump.

Hi all! For anyone who's been keeping up with AGM, Enterbrain has finally released new info about the program!

I'm updating the translations here: Click this link

Some important stuff I've found out that I'll post here:

* There will be 10 resolutions that can be used. For the 4:3 aspect ratio, you can use 320x240, 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768. For the 16:9 aspect ratio, you can use 1280x720 and 1920x1080. The four other resolutions allowed are: 240x240, 256x192, 256x384, and 480x272. For all resolutions, the horizontal and vertical sizes can be reversed (for example, 640x480 can also be 480x640).
* For images, PNG and BMP files can be used. They support RGB alpha channels. Images have no size limit (i.e. sprites can be of any size).
* AGM supports collision detection! You can specify the range of the detection within a rectangular frame. It can be used to detect contact with gadgets, contact with tiles, and the extent of damage.
* With the "work program" you can specify how gadgets act. This includes movement direction, speed, projectile firing, or display messages. The editor allows complex behaviors for gadgets.
You know, every time one of these topics have been posted, I've thought, Shouldn't this go into the Game Development category?

Edit: I will make a 30,000,000 gil bet that this ends up in the city dump as well.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Hey, I was going to do this. I've had it in another tab for-frickin'-ever.

>:(
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Way to be on topic still.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Well as far as the no scripting goes the ability to export your projects into XNA and use C# with XNA is the closest we can get to customization with AGM now.
So was there any confirmation at all on the lack of scripting or are they just not saying anything about it?
I would say their silence on the issue confirms it.

Can't be quite 100% sure, however.
There is a possibility of scripting staying in, given they managed to "forget" MP3 in the list of playable audio formats.

But seeing how VX went, I wouldn't put it past them to gut it out.
author=TooManyToasters link=topic=3202.msg63066#msg63066 date=1235344582
So was there any confirmation at all on the lack of scripting or are they just not saying anything about it?
I have no idea. Enterbrain hasn't said anything about it. Then again, I don't remember them posting about RMVX's RGSS2 before they released RMVX (correct me if I'm wrong).
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Kav link=topic=3202.msg63071#msg63071 date=1235345507
I have no idea. Enterbrain hasn't said anything about it. Then again, I don't remember them posting about RMVX's RGSS2 before they released RMVX (correct me if I'm wrong).
It was in that cheesy ass promotional video wasn't it?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
F-G, there actually is a reason for excluding scripting support. If their plan all along was XNA exporting, then they wouldn't be able to do a user-defined script engine. Part of the .NET runtime on the 360 is missing the required code to run such systems.

Tau: I highly doubt you will be able to export your game into an XNA-compatible game and then continue to customize it there. I assume the XNA export is merely to create a playable version of the game that runs on the 360.
author=ankylo link=topic=3202.msg63090#msg63090 date=1235353712
Also, remember that in order to get a game on the 360 you need a XNA Creators club premium account, which is $99 / yr, and it has to go through a peer review process, so this might not be the biggest selling point for a lot of users.
To DISTRIBUTE the game you need a premium account, but you can test on your 360 for free. At least you can with the free Dreamspark membership. I'm not sure about without it.
Will it be possible to make a Castlevania, SoTN type game?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY THERE HAD BETTER BE A DECENT SOTN CLONE.
Yes you guys, you can make your Castlevania, Metroid, Zelda, Gradius, Seiken Densetsu game.

This is like asking if you can make Final Fantasy in RPG Maker. :(
Go play the sample games, they show some things about the program.
If this allows creation of metroidvania styled games...

...Ah, shit, I just orgasmed thinking about it.
Now I'm worried that RPG Maker VX may have killed the RPG Maker series, much like Dragon Quarter killed the Breath of Fire series (sorry Jakester). Hopefully, we can at least change the menus around.
Pages: first 123 next last