AN ATTEMPT AT NES MUSIC

Pages: 1
Well, I plan to be working on an 8 bit NES style game in the near future, and I decided that I would like to try to make as much of the music and soundfx for the game as I could by myself. However, I have never tried to make RPG music before, never mind trying to make it sound NESish.

Basically, I was bored at home, so I thought I would give it a try. The song doesn't really fit anywhere as far as RPG's go, I just wanted to mess around with an NES sound font. So, tell me what you think: http://www.4shared.com/file/96280358/21378480/NesStyle.html (Don't worry, no download required!)

It's only 21 seconds long, and a little repetitive. Like I said though, it was simply 20 minutes messing around with a sound font. I just wanted to see what I could do with it.

Please leave comments, tell me what needs working on, or give me ideas. I'm going to need to get half good at this if I am going to make a decent soundtrack for a game ;)

EDIT: Also, as I just noticed, I should have made one more bar, it ends kind of awkwardly.
This is quite good. Good beat and catchy hook. 'tis a tad short, though.

Reminds me of a generic futuristic platformer, like PowerBlade.
Yeah, it was kinda meant to be short. I was just messing around with the sound font to see what I could produce. Thankyou for the comment too. I wasn't sure where something like this would fit into an rpg though, if it all.

EDIT: Oh, you said platformer. I was in class when I replied, so I didn't have a ton of time to read and reply :P. I think it could actually fit into a game like a platformer. Something with a little more action, anyways.
Pages: 1