Naufragar
Philosopher's Stone
Romancing Walker
Rise of the Third Power
I can't remember others I am too old
author=Ciel link=topic=3549.msg71597#msg71597 date=1240295269
I can't remember others I am too old

ciel is like 46.
The following comes in no particular order.

A Blurred Line Anyone who didn't find the writing in general of this game compelling is to be shot, effective immediately. However, many insists on ABL having terrible graphics, gameplay and general shittyness when it doesn't concern the writing - that's where they are wrong. Compare it to every single other game at the time and it looks AND plays better than the vast majority. The (ripped) soundtrack) was a brilliant little nostalgia-jukebox and the mini-games/multiple paths/skillsystem is STILL WAY ahead of practically ALL of us.

Sunset over Imdahl It's obvious, isn't it? Swedes stand up for eachother. Also, apart from having a nice MIDI-Vivaldi soundtrack and just outstandning graphics, the story to this game was equally brilliant. With the help of some simple mini-games, this game makes me think we will never see the likes of this again.

A Home Far Away In the department of entertaining and pleasantness, this game is just win-win. You forget the ripped graphics, the usual RM-fuckery and it just sucks you in.

Runner-ups (too lazy to write something proper):
Demon Legacy (I do not get this Shadar-craze, but must confess that this game is overall very good.)
FF: Endless Nova (Early game that looks and plays pretty well for it's age... atleast for a while)
Cavern of Doom (Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…H Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã…KE!!!11ettett)
The Frozen World (Lysander fanboi)
The Blue Contestant (Lysander fanboi)
Book of Three (Lysander fanboi)
Kinetic Cipher (Brilliant gameplay, consistant graphics and overall a good game that DESERVED MORE ATTENTION)

Games I just can't bring myself to like:
Alter Aila
Atlr Ealai
aTll raeli
alt arrt
al li
lll

... Okay, I can see people who think World of Warcraft is a good game when you spend the first 30 hours doing things less productive than repeatedly slamming your head on a concrete wall, LIKING the concept of having to play an RPG for HOURS without any story or characters whatsoever and then playing it for the fifth time actually try and find SOME traces of character-development, as is Alter Aila.

However, I am not one of those people. I mean, the game is pretty well-made in all other areas; even the generic battles work pretty well (as long as you don't have to do them for the timeperiod and repetition described above) but the story and character-development is alot worse than, say Cavern of Doom.
author=Mr.Nemo link=topic=3549.msg71725#msg71725 date=1240347208
A Home Far Away In the department of entertaining and pleasantness, this game is just win-win. You forget the ripped graphics, the usual RM-fuckery and it just sucks you in.

Oooo, I forgot this one. But, I'm not sure if I just like it because of the beta-testing I did. Idk.

Hmmm...haven't played that one, think I'll check it out.
Demon Legacy (I do not get this Shadar-craze, but must confess that this game is overall very good.)

D:
Shadar is one of the few RM* villains that is actually kind of cool.

Seriously, find me a more memorable one. =P
author=Karsuman link=topic=3549.msg72055#msg72055 date=1240526809

The Raven from Clouded Heart had a pretty cool backstory. Also, The Way had Strata and the Phantom Slasher.

Otherwise I can't really think of anybody else.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Stupidest Game Ever Save Point.. I win! haha. Shadar's a close second.

I spent my week's spare time playing the translated version of Desert Nightmare which drew my attention, and I'm gonna say it's one of the best games (on RM) I've played, really reminiscent of Silent Hill, my fave all time game.

Strangely, Max Mcgee's Everything Turns Grey has also drawn me in, it truly exudes a lonely atmosphere that I just find very immersive.

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with the RMXP/VX games are crap attitude people seem to have. Meaning no disrespect, but there are some good ones. Most of them I'll agree are just clones of one another, but a few do stand out if you look hard enough.
Games I just can't bring myself to like:

You may or may not be surprised by my agreement with most of this.

Be sure to check out its remake AAG, because one of the things it touts is a 78.52% improvement in storyline and chara development :)
Oddly, I find myself with a very small list of RM games that I have played. And not all of them were very good.

I've only played three games from this site so far (to completion), and the only one I felt deserved any sort of kudos was Backstage.

Man, I need to get cracking on play other people's games. >_>
author=Neok link=topic=3549.msg72141#msg72141 date=1240587530
You may or may not be surprised by my agreement with most of this.

Be sure to check out its remake AAG, because one of the things it touts is a 78.52% improvement in storyline and chara development :)

I know that you are aware of this because I always rant whenever I see something about AA :L. And I think I did play it for a little while, but I don't remember anything about it right now.... hmm
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence

Kersh...Agent Kersh.
author=yamata no orochi link=topic=3549.msg72078#msg72078 date=1240538978

The Raven from Clouded Heart had a pretty cool backstory. Also, The Way had Strata and the Phantom Slasher.

Otherwise I can't really think of anybody else.

I haven't played Clouded Heart, so I suppose I couldn't say.

And Strata and the Phantom Slasher were interesting I guess, but I'm talking more archetypal, here.

author=Max McGee link=topic=3549.msg72186#msg72186 date=1240611434

Kersh...Agent Kersh.

Whether or not Kersh is actually a villain is up to debate!

Remember, he ends up being married to the Emily chick he kidnaps. (details, details!)
I remember playing The Way and genuinely hating Strata. He was a really memorable RM jerk.
author=Dark Gaia link=topic=3549.msg72221#msg72221 date=1240626985
I remember playing The Way and genuinely hating Strata. He was a really memorable RM jerk.

Yeah, he really was a douchebag. But that's what made beating the shit outta him in episode 5 so damn enjoyable.