KARSU'S SOPHOMORE ANIMATION

Pages: 1
I made an animation topic previously, but it's old, so I figured I'd just make a new one. To those that don't know, I am sophomore at RIT's School of Film & Animation. This is what I did for the dreaded one quarter - a film in ten weeks.

At least five of those weeks were procrastination!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5si67mg9aJ8&feature=channel_page
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This is so sophomoric

Play him off, keyboard cat...

Wow, that took a turn for the...wow.

I liked it, it was a good cartoon.

I think I recognized a sound from RPG Maker in there, too! (Miss 1, perhaps? Or Miss 2?) And I also like how you made no effort to explain how Boris & Claude made it to the top of the tower. My only complaint is that there was no gag where Claude was used as an improvised melee weapon of some kind by Boris. I definitely thought that was coming, the way he was being dragged around.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Hey, this should be marked NSFW.

Except for Max's work.
LOVE the use of RPG Maker sound effects!
Wow, that took a turn for the...wow.

Yes =D

My only complaint is that there was no gag where Claude was used as an improvised melee weapon of some kind by Boris. I definitely thought that was coming, the way he was being dragged around.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Honestly, I had a lot of ideas, but there's only so much you can do in 10 weeks. The presentation suffered a lot because of it too. But I guess that's the point of the exercise.

Hey, this should be marked NSFW.

I am not sure whether I'd get more attention for this, or less. =)

LOVE the use of RPG Maker sound effects!

Yes!

Well, the RTP sound effects are royalty free and sufficiently cartoony in parts, so why not? We're so used to them so we don't think much about 'em, but they are actually high quality as general sound effects go.
That's pretty cool. I like some of the animated reactions to things (like Boris stopping at the beach and Claude swinging around in a wide arc afterwards, and Boris leapfrogging Claude's head at the other beach.)

Some of it could have been worked on a bit better, but for 10 weeks it's definitely a solid animation piece for your course. I bet it's much better than everyone else's for certain.
Thanks for the comments Sovan.

While it wasn't the best piece in the Sophomore animations, it was, at the least, better than most. Guess I can be thankful for that. =)
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I found this disturbing.
author=Holbert link=topic=3760.msg78588#msg78588 date=1244168193
I found this disturbing.

Yes, very yes.
Oh, come on!

You guys need to lighten up. =)
I loved the ending. :D
Great animation!
yeah.... twas a bit disturbing.. lol

the drawings/movement was pretty good!

the sounds effects, however, were... uh pretty subpar. honestly, if you added some good ones and some music overtop, this alone would make its like 80 times better.
Yeah...it's just a bunch of trash sound effects.

I frankly just didn't have time to do much sound editing.

Thanks for the comments!
Pages: 1