USING EDITED RTP GRAPHICS...

Pages: 1
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I'm working on a project, and when I started off I knew straight away I didn't want to use the RTP (for obvious reasons: pride, overuse, etc.) But, I've been using custom sprites based off the rtp for a lot of things, mainly, the battle animations.

How does the RM community feel about heavily edited RTP sprites? I've noticed many games use darker sprites, or ones from FF-like SNES games. The RTP sprites have a goofier, lighter feel to 'em.
Use whatever graphics you want. I don't think anybody is going to hold off of playing your game just cause of the graphics it uses.
What Lennon said. Though other styled sprites are a very nice addition, RTP sprites aren't a bad thing. The style's pretty good and easy to edit, thats why it's used so much.
I personally would rather custom styles, but that's a little too much to expect in most games considering not everyone's a good spriter.
author=Lennon link=topic=3948.msg78894#msg78894 date=1244412842
I don't think anybody is going to hold off of playing your game just cause of the graphics it uses.

You'd be surprised. But it all depends on the size of your prefered audience I guess.
Go for it. If that's what you want to use, then use it. If you want to use custom, use custom.

Me, I like RTP - both sprites and chipsets.
RPG making is much easier if you have no pride.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=kentona link=topic=3948.msg78940#msg78940 date=1244422591
RPG making is much easier if you have no pride.

I'm sure I'd have like, three games done if I wasn't so sick of Alex, Mage, Chick, and... Fluffy. But getting carried away and making awesome sprites is fun too.
I prefer RTP and RTP edits to a bunch of Tales of Phantasia rips or whatever.
Pages: 1