UGH..EXERCISE...

geez Darken, i'd suggest getting it together before you become too unfit.

Up the anti about 10x and you should start getting back on track. I don't want you to end up having problems getting out of doors. Just looking out for you as a mate, no need to thank me :)
i'm sorry boobledeeboo you're far too compassionate for the internet you're going to have to be banned, i'm afraid
you do not know how difficult it is to suppress my earth-shattering arsenal of buggery jokes right now
hahaha, you truly have brilliant self-control.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Not sure. His hand seems to be down his pants at the moment.
you are truly a horrible man. w.. where did that come from..?
It's not that hard to figure out...
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Um I do that as well, I guess we can be soul mates too!

<3

Also, Darken, Kentona, you guys crack me up.
I am trying to clock both a 5 minute mile and a 20k run. I've also started charting my lifing so I can tell if I am making progress.
post=82170
Now my thoughts on this are, what kind of hobbies do you guys have(other than gaming), do you ever do anything radical(..i use the word radical very loosely) when you're bored, and would you feel uncomfortable exercising for the world to see?

Most of my -free time- I spend:

Making cosplay stuff.
Go to the gym every other day or two.

And no, when did exercising become uncomfortable/embarrassing in the first place? =D
I've started a healthy exercise kick a while back. Lost 6 of the planned 10 kilos so far.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I use to be 200 pounds. Though what did the trick wasn't really eating less, I just eat really early on in the day - like, I cut off my dinner time at 4:30 PM. Woke up at 5:30 AM to go jogging and eat less carby things like rice. I dropped down into the 170s - 160s within a year.
post=87234
. In good news, though, I can actually do pull ups again after having attached a pull up bar to my door frame. It's amazing how much it helps to attach one of those to a high traffic area in the house. Walking by? Do a pull up! Going to bed? Do a pull up!

Shit, I need one of these. I need to do more cardio as well. Walking my dog every day helps with that goal.
Well I've running a lot more seriously this summer. I recently ran a 5:53 Mile which is pretty decent. I'm trying to get my 3 mile under 21 then hopefully 20.

My other "hobbies" include playing trumpet and writing music.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
you know what I hear is really good excercise?

sword fighting to the death
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
wip video and pretty much everything else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDY4FLdYR3c
I don't excersize that often anymore. I probably should though.
post=87526
I use to be 200 pounds. Though what did the trick wasn't really eating less, I just eat really early on in the day - like, I cut off my dinner time at 4:30 PM. Woke up at 5:30 AM to go jogging and eat less carby things like rice. I dropped down into the 170s - 160s within a year.

200 pounds? You sure looked pretty good in the pictures you have posted! I wouldn't have ever though you weighed even close to 170!

Also, here is a question for all of you peeps:

I've been doing regular exercises at home for quite a while now. Nothing big, just pushups, some ab exercises, and tons of biking/running. However, just recently I decided to pick up a muscle building protein shake to up my muscle gain while doing these things. So, here are my questions to you:

1. Do you think it is worth the money/gain to use protein shakes?
2. When is the best time to drink them (before/after).

I have read that it is good to drink them, before, after, and both, so I am not too sure what I should do. I think it is best to either do after, or both, simply because the protein shake is supposed to help stop your body's catabolic state, thus halting muscle breakdown, meaning an increase in muscle synthesis. Until I get a good idea on the best time, I think I'll do both, because I'm not worried about the money, and if it helps a good amount, then it is worth doing.
You definitely have a solid muscular foundation going on. As for your questions

1. Do you think it is worth the money/gain to use protein shakes?
I will address this below!

2. When is the best time to drink them (before/after).
Muscle isn't built while working out, its built AFTER working out, using protein in the body to reconstruct itself to being bigger/stronger than it was previously. While you can drink protein before, during, or after, with no harm and no foul, it's generally best to drink it afterwards to slow down/stop/reverse (which is what you want) the catabolism.

As far as the question of is it worth it; it definitely can be, but the single biggest factor in muscle gain is eating enough. Eating enough is more important to gaining muscle than anything else. If you don't eat enough, you won't be gaining anything. Judging from your pics, you have a good foundation, but you have to eat more! No matter how fast your metabolism is or how much you think you're eating, if you hit a plateau or you need to gain more weight, you have to eat more, period.

So in essence, no, its not a waste of money, but it has to supplement a diet of lots of food or you're not getting anywhere. And of course this advice applies mainly to hardgainers and naturally thinner people.