NOOB HERE

Pages: 1
Hi people

I run into this site a few days ago and was immediately captured by the games' pics. I am a long time veteran of RPG-s with almost 100 titles from NES/SNES/PS/PS2. I always dreamt of being a programmer but life brought me in becoming a dentist...sigh :P

So I am now interested in playing the fancy games here (esp those inspired by Square-Enix products). If they can be played, can anyone (yes I did read here http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/433/ and elsewhere but I SUCK at PC stuff ) tell me how can I do so?

Perhaps I have to install the approriate engine to run a said game?

I do not wish to be annoy anyone with my ignorance, but any help will be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, a lot of games require the correct software and (in some most cases) the RTP packages. You can usually find a download of each program by typing the name + download into google. It's illegal to use RM2K and RM2K3 (english versions - though that doesn't stop those of us who do anyway ^.^) as they were translated via pirating, though you can buy XP and VX (VX has a month-long trial). We aren't allowed to post links to the actual files, so just look around (and may I suggest version 1.08 for RM2K3?)

RPG Maker 2000
RPG Maker 2003
RPG Maker XP
RPG Maker VX

^Those are the ones that are mostly used on this site (and others). I'm not sure if Ika, sphere and the others require the software be installed (I don't use them). THis link has some more information.
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/

Oh, I forgot to add that the RTPe is easily found via google as well. They're all graphic/sound/etc files that allow the games that use them to run properly. Each RM 'engine' has a different type, so that four all up that you should need.

Good luck and have fun! ^.~
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You don't need the makers themselves, but you will need the Run Time Packages, or RTPs, for the engine the game is made in. RPGmaker 2000/2003 have a mere folder full of stock resources for their RTPs, but XP/VX games have a script reader that runs the game. Either way, it'd be a good idea to have the RTP handy if you're looking to play most of the games here.
post=85192
though you can buy XP and VX (VX has a month-long trial).

XP does too.
Many many thanks for the replies people. Already installed XP and RM2K3 v1.08, tomorrow is the games' turn.

Thanks again :D
Pages: 1