A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Pages: 1
I got the problem with the title screens fixed, but now I have a couple more stuff I need help with.

First of all, where's a good site for some sound effects? At the very least, I need gunshots and lasers. Enough said.

Second, I need a good battle animation for lasers. Found a couple of effects on charas-project.net, but I'm not satisfied.

Last, but not least, if I submit information on a game, can I change the title of it at any time? My project has a working title at the moment, but I don't know if I like the title well enough.

I hope I'm not asking for too much. I just need to get this project on the road and a bit of help is most appreciated.
For sound effects try: http://www.freesound.org it's home to a site called the 'Free Sound Project' and has a database of thousands of sound effects.
You can click Account > Manage Games and edit any information about your submission there, including title.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
post=86906
For sound effects try: http://www.freesound.org it's home to a site called the 'Free Sound Project' and has a database of thousands of sound effects.
Wow, I'll have to keep that one in mind.

This site offers a nice search engine for sound effects:
http://www.findsounds.com/
I make my own sound effects. I find sound design pretty fun actually.
Thanks a bunch for all the help. Information and screen shots will most likely be posted by the end of the week. Still working on mapping and the main plot line, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have plenty of information posted shortly here. Now that I think of it, how do I save screen shots on the main program? Is there a certain button I have to push like with emulators (and if so, what do I push) or do I have to take snapshots with a camera?

EDIT: I was hoping to post information on Saturday night, but posting will be pushed back to Sunday since my older brother just asked me to join with a few of his friends for a Dungeons and Dragons session, which I rarely ever get the chance to do since he's always busy with college-related business.
post=86995

How do you do this exactly? I've always wanted a decent method for making sound effects, the methods I use are fairly primitive.
post=87114
post=86995
How do you do this exactly? I've always wanted a decent method for making sound effects, the methods I use are fairly primitive.

Well, I have a good microphone and lots of items for making sounds with. Like if I need a gunshot sound effect, I simply record myself firing gun, or for some sort of stabbing effect I take some fruit and record stabbing into it with a knife with just a little bit of editing. A lot of sounds can be made without much editing if you're creative with what you use, for example, I made the effects for the B.L.O.B.s in our game B.L.O.B. with a syrup bottle. For things that require a lot of digital editing, I use Audacity for editing individual samples and I have a large number of plugins for it that pretty much cover any other effects I need to add to the sound.
Pages: 1