THE RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

i uploaded wanderlust here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?81pi2p294m293jd

and i also think i have dreamscape somewhere, ill look.
author=marian
i uploaded wanderlust here:

and i also think i have dreamscape somewhere, ill look.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!
unfortunately, not on the harddrive i got here. i have some old harddrives somewhere else, i maybe get to look there next week.
author=marian
unfortunately, not on the harddrive i got here. i have some old harddrives somewhere else, i maybe get to look there next week.

ahhh man lol. thanks for looking

To anyone interested, I found a link to Shichimenchouken: Sword of the Seven-Faced Bird:

Download: Shichimenchouken: Sword of the Seven-Faced Bird

StarSkipp For your Request of "Eyes Without a Face" tell me if this work(find out I got the file on my drive but can't remember if I get it from that same site you tried or from the game page when was still on) - https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Eyes+Without+a+Face+-+FINAL+v1.1.zip

Hope its what you search for ;-)
Bump. Re-upping the link to all those classic RM2K games:

180+ RPG Maker 2000 Games | RPG-Maker.Fr

Still looking for Dreamscape by Paul Jarvis (Syron). I'm getting desperate lol. I found some more screenshots if it'll help:

Title

Forest
I saw where gens 2 was posted earlier in the thread but the link was dead, does any one still happen to have it?
The links for Initial and Secondary Fantasy are dead :(

If anyone still has either one, I would love to play them again. They were the first RPG Maker games I ever played.

author=StarSkipp
Does anyone have a copy of Eyes Without a Face lying around? Tried downloading from this site but the RAR file is corrupted.

author=CraigtheGnome
StarSkipp For your Request of "Eyes Without a Face" tell me if this work(find out I got the file on my drive but can't remember if I get it from that same site you tried or from the game page when was still on) - https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Eyes+Without+a+Face+-+FINAL+v1.1.zip

Hope its what you search for ;-)

Incase anyone wasn't able to get the dropbox link to work:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7cliandnwn3lzw6/Eyes-Without-a-Face-1.1.rar
Thank you LBR, you're the real mvp! I did try the prior link but sort of gave up and forgot to mention it /o\
I'm looking for an RM2K comedy RPG with a very quirky mixture of characters. I don't remember the name. It obviously starred "Alex" (but I'm not sure that was his actual name in the game), but it also had a character with a Star Wars Stormtropper charset (ironically the party member was named "Stormtrooper"). The only other thing I remember about it was that it contained this midi file: Gradius_BGM.mid

EDIT: Never mind. I found the sprite resource I was looking for to be used in a free project I'm working on.
I am looking for a game that might have been created by MoogleRacer or Mecha Cow like 12 years ago which was passed on to me via AIM. Can't really remember the name but it was an unplayable game which had deliberate bugs all over it starring fucking Jean Claude van Damme and his dog.

Sounds fucking insane but that's what it was.
I am looking for the old demo of Fatal Limits, but all the mirrors I find are already dead. :( Does anyone still have it?
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Not expecting anything to come of this, but asking the question anyway. This is a rare case of me looking for my own game.

I released a demo of Tundra back in 2004, but I no longer have a copy of it and all the people I knew who had it have either left the community or have been radio silent for years. Anyone still have this from back in the day?
Hey, this isn't exactly the right place for this. But, I think this might be the right place to find a specific type of person I am looking for. =)

I am interested in finding someone to help me organize RPG Maker Games, and maybe eventually do releases or point people into the right direction of more obscure things. (NOTE: I don't need you to help me organize the RPG Maker Games I have. What I am talking about is the things I need to do manually, and we can divide in half, upload, and do it in 1/2 the time.)

Ideally, you should have some experience with coding in order to make things far easier. Otherwise, you are going to have to do it by hand, and nobody wants to do that. *sighs* But, I think doing this has a HUGE benefit to the community. It preserves history.

The reason I am asking if anyone has additional interest is there are some things that I haven't really found a way to automate. For example, yahoo.jp, which allows you to host downloads. This is used within some RPG Maker Communities. I have had to those manually, and that is tedious. Also, diving into forums sometimes and digging things out is sometimes useful. (For example, I found an updated version of a game once, I think "Fire God Saga." That was only released within the GGZ forum. That was an interesting find."

Anyway, I doubt I'll find anyone with an interest within it. Maybe this is completely the wrong place for it. But, I am hoping to dig things out.

NOTE: I have tons of older stuff, but I only recently started coding solutions to organizing things, and there is A LOT I am going to have to do by hand in order to get up to my current standards. I might have some things that people have requested. I may not. I dunno. But, once I start delving into my back-catalog, we will see what happens.
I thought about purchasing some hosting for a games archive. But yeah I haven't thought about the problem of hosting games in an easy to add fashion. Essentially an aremen in an intentional site form, but not having any extra features that RMN provides. Be able to upload the games directly with the filename as default, and maybe have someone manually add the title/author/screenshots as time goes on. I haven't really updated the OP in awhile and it's probably full of broken mediafire links at this point. So it's frustrating with the ghetto forum system as it is.

But I have no experience hosting websites or even webcoding to really pursue this. I'm willing to put some money into it though.

also where the fuck is segnin, is he rare/obscure just like the games now?
Honestly, if you wanted to do it bare bones, you could do things by just having a site be a directory listing, have a private FTP, and you do something like...

[GAME TITLE]\versions\[VERSION NUMBER]\[ZIP FILE]
[GAME TITLE]\metadata\metadata.json
[GAME TITLE]\screenshots\[screenshot.png]
Other things being obvious, the metadata.json file would contain the information about the game. They are laid out like...

{
"Title": "Game Name",
"Developer": "Developer Name"
}
I think that would be the path forward to just quickly throw something together. I don't know how to set that up securely though. I've never done anything web-related.

Honestly though, I think the biggest thing is getting people together that can actually supply things, and start filling in the gaps. =) I think with hosting, unless you get the former problem solved, you'll just have a server sitting and not being utilized. I might be wrong. Maybe the server is what needs to come first? But I digress.
author=Darken
But I have no experience hosting websites or even webcoding to really pursue this. I'm willing to put some money into it though.

also where the fuck is segnin, is he rare/obscure just like the games now?

I'm afraid so, he hasn't been seen since 2013, (I use his profile as a shortcut to jump to this thread)

It sounds like when megaupload and sonicfile were taken down back in 2012, most of his games were taken down as well - I can't confirm this though.

He did frequent other sites like snesorama and emuparadise before then, but for the last 3 years it seems like he only visited RMN a few more times, before disappearing - That's why I grabbed what I could of the GGZ games awhile back.

I'm assuming this is the list of games SegNin had (or at least some of them): https://rpgmaker.net/users/SegNin/locker/dddddddd.txt
-------
But yeah, I follow Darken's sentiments - I don't know if I'll have the time, but I would definitely like to put some money towards this as well, so keep us posted.

But yeah, after seeing GamingW, RRR and GGZ disappear over the years, I've learned that once these things are gone, they're usually gone for good - there's only so much webarchive.org can do, before someone slaps a robot.txt on it - so It's important to get started on this now.
I also have almost everything from RRR. Not things posted on the forums, but the stuff that had game pages. It was from before when I collected multiple versions though. So, I have no idea if I have the latest versions of any of the games. I also have a bit of stuff from GGZ. What I don't have is GamingW stuff, and I have no idea how to get a hold of it.

There is something I could possibly put forward though. I could scrape the webarchive version of GamingW. Get a complete games list on it. List everything that I have, show what is missing, and try to complete out the GamingW collection. If anyone would be interested in seriously doing it? But, that would require someone to actually go into their collection too, if they have one.

EDIT: I'm going to scrape GamingW anyway. Finishing up the games list right now. I'll go through my collection a bit later. I'll upload it though incase anyone is interested in seeing what was on GamingW in a more organized manner, to help get the ball rolling.

EDIT #2: https://rpgmaker.net/users/TheGameArchivist/locker/gamingwgamelist.txt
There. That are all of the games that were hosted on GamingW, not included games in the forums. Later, I'll get download links / names for all the links and see how much is recoverable via that.
Alright. I am going to fulfill some requests. :) I had one for The Sacred Garden by darkhalo from Deacon Batista in PM.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6uznxu4bb8dcfhn/The_Sacred_Garden_v1.3a_%28RMXP%29_%28darkhalo%29.zip

Also... Today is your lucky day, lastrebelalive. Here is Dreamscape. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdcdtcde8aqdo4c/Dreamscape.rar

Any other requests? I'll try to fulfill some stuff to get the ball rolling.

EDIT: Also, Trihan... Here is Tundra for you. =)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7djm48dj201k7qd/Tundra_Old_School_%28RM2k%29.rar