REQUESTING FLIK BATTLE SPRITE 2K3

Pages: 1
I suck at compilling battle sprites has anyone got any rpg 2k3 flik (suikoden) sprites i can use?
I could do this for you but it's really something that you should learn to do for yourself. So here's the basics. If you need any extra help, just ask.

May I recommend "The Spriters' Resource" for all your ripped sprite needs? They have all the characters.

Paste the frames/animations you want - one in each square - then move them around until they all flow well. I recommend using iDraw or an animation program. iDraw has a built in animation feature and is really built for RM spriting. Remember to save as a png file and get rid of any other background colours that aren't that particular green (including the surrounding squares. Then when you import it click on the green to make it transparent.

The basic file dimensions are 672x192 and the frame sizes are 96x96. You can add more height to the sheet provided - just add another 96 pixels.
Aw, and here i was getting my hopes up that someone was gonna make an "A Bug's Life" RPG...
I use the spriters resource they just dont have any flik battle sprites that work with rpg 2k3.

If you will make it or me I need the sprite to be 1/2 the height a normal one is so it fits in with the rest of the chipset.
I was trying to use paint to make my sprites.
Um the rtp rpg 2k3 files are 144x 384 does this mean i can have it bigger than 144x384?
Also Idraw is mac os x not xp what windows programs are there?
T-T-TRIPLE POST!

Dude, take the template that liberty provided, and paste in the animations you want to use.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
Liberty is assuming you want to do Flik's battle sprites via a battle animation sheet. Which would be wise to do- Suikoden characters won't fit a normal RM2k3 battle character set. Additionally, you are allowed a wider range of motion (more frames to work with) when using battle animations vs battle charsets.

post=95255
T-T-TRIPLE POST!

More like Q-Q-QUADRUPLE!
The link I provided leas straight to the battle animation sheet. These are all the battle animations of Flik that you will find ripped unless you do it yourself or find some obscure little site that has them. It doesn't take much to copy a sprite from the sheet to a spot on the template and with that one you don't need to resize the BA.

Compilation of animations/sprites and other graphics is a vital skill for RPG Makers to have (imo) and unless you make an effort to actually try then I'm not going to bother helping. Really, it's pretty damn easy to get the hang of.

If you do have something done, like a WIP sheet then post it here and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction/see what can be done with what you have.

I recommend 'tinypic' or your locker for a place to post images.
Dude the spiters resource sheet dont work with rpg 2k3
C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Cecil. You're going to have to arrange it yourself. For example, I went from

To

Sure the example is a little crude, but you need to copy and paste the frames in place to match up with the battle animations. I don't use templates, I use the grid function in Photoshop to help me aim. You can turn it on and off with CTRL+' and set it to 8 or 16 or 32 pixels in Preferences->Guides and Grid.
Pages: 1