WE DID IT FIRST SCREENSHOT THREAD

Hi guys, I am new here. I post sometimes on gw.

@Blindman nice screens. I think the clouds, shadows look nicer.

Darken, your signature is sooo distracting. I can't look away. sheesh
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry

Some improvements and new stuff. The map engine stuff has been implemented, so there is now a step counter. And the clock has been put in.
It looks quite fantastic, WIP.
One of the most impressive CMSs (Am I allowed to call it that?) I have ever seen, visually speaking.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I don't think BlindMind realizes that is a RMXP menu system clone.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
That's what makes it funny!

A screen of an Island Sky remake that I intend to make in the future after I finish my current project. The Sword of Mana tiles are temporary, I haven't made the chipsets yet.
Ocean: Unless it's incomplete, I think the water could stand for more shading and detail. I can see that simplicity is your goal with these tiles, but I think it would benefit from some embellishment.

author=rcholbert link=topic=5.msg1659#msg1659 date=1183773785
I don't think BlindMind realizes that is a RMXP menu system clone.

Nope. I've never touched XP. My mistake! :)
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
It's Sword of Mana water, it's not really shaded. It is along the auto-tiles in SwOM, which I couldn't replicate because of the 16x16 tile restrictions in the auto-tiles. Besides, it's temporary.
author=BlindMind link=topic=5.msg1635#msg1635 date=1183741117

OR
Is it better without the shadows?

I think those shadows look ace. If you don't mind the extra effort, it looks like it'd be worth it. Best looking 'cosmetic fog' I've seen in Rm2k/3.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry

Added some cursor blinking stuff and party display.
author=Ocean link=topic=5.msg1661#msg1661 date=1183779268
A screen of an Island Sky remake that I intend to make in the future after I finish my current project. The Sword of Mana tiles are temporary, I haven't made the chipsets yet.

Wow, I didn't get far in much because I didn't really like the messy graphics for some reason. But now I'm actually looking forward to the remake!
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Well, I've never really been much for consistency before. Especially back then when I didn't know how to do pixel art. Glad you like the looks of this one. It's not really going to be a straight remake, but some parts of Island Sky will stay, otherwise I'm going to do a lot of fixing up and stuff.
WIP, you might just bring me into ika :D

Two sketches I did for a retired hunter character set. Which is better? Or any ideas on how to change him?

Also, they're deliberately supposed to be similar to earthbound/mother 3 sprites in style.
The one on the left resembles Wendy from the restaurant chain Wendy's, but I think that's only because (s)he's a redhead :P.
Shoot. That's not even supposed to be hair. :P It's supposed to be a red hunting cap. (Holden?)
author=Mr. Y link=topic=5.msg1715#msg1715 date=1183919714
The one on the left resembles Wendy from the restaurant chain Wendy's, but I think that's only because (s)he's a redhead :P.
More like Carrot Top.
Alriiight, let's ignore the one on the left. How's the one on the right look? I'll probably go with that one. Any suggestions on the outfit or anything?

I think I should give him a mullet under that hat.
Forgive the double post, they were a day apart anyway!

Work in progress: Again, going for a earthbound/mother style.
@Chartley: So far the grass looks very bright and unfitting for some reason.