WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Having a job must be nice, eh ShortStar? : P

post=138669
OH, I know, I can introduce you to my version of hell, one week of eventing here I come:

All those blank squares... need eventing.... lots of eventing... yay (sarcasim)

See, this would be a good time for one of those *shoots self in head* icons everyone is always posting.

Edit:

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

You gotta be kidding me...

post=138757
W-why are you using 2k3

Don't you mean, Why would I not use RM2K3? XP and VX can't compare graphically, XP comes close... but a game built with XP still looks like an XP game 80% of the time.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=138825
post=138757
W-why are you using 2k3

Don't you mean, Why would I not use RM2K3? XP and VX can't compare graphically, XP comes close... but a game built with XP still looks like an XP game 80% of the time.

hey fuck you

EDIT: Also, actual power/ease of use.
I'm making a characterset.

much better than the original, at least.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Struggling mightily with certain functions of Battle Engine Melody. With much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

(ELEMENT_ICONS hash in III. F Actor Query Window seems out and out broken.)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=138857
Struggling mightily with certain functions of Battle Engine Melody. With much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

(ELEMENT_ICONS hash in III. F Actor Query Window seems out and out broken.)

It is not. =/ What are you using that may or may not conflict with it?
Playing around Battle Engine Zealous for a test thing
post=138830
post=138825
post=138757
W-why are you using 2k3

hey fuck you

EDIT: Also, actual power/ease of use.

Look, I'm not bashing anyone's game, there are many XP games that look great... I know your a strong advocate for VX and that's cool. With that said, I simply can't see myself being forced to be limited in terms of graphics, I just can't. Maybe you can deal with it, and that's cool, the scripting is great for VX. However, if you understood me, you'd know that graphics are everything to me. Again, not trying to bash anyone, this is just a personal preference and a pet peeve for me.

And this is my latest project that is almost done:

Made in RM2K3. So you can bash RM2K3 all you want, but I'll stick with it, thank you.

EDIT: McGee, I will be posting more resources here soon.
Craze
hey soul sister, xp has an extra upper (really any) tile layer

and you can use the same graphics

and, uh, transparency and, uh, unlimited colors

so

old-school or new-school or suikoden

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

EDIT: tileset restrictions? what are those I do not understand
post=138825
post=138757
W-why are you using 2k3

Not bashing RM2k3 as I use it myself, but VX can do some pretty badass things.

edit: don't really want to shit up this topic.
woops sorry looks like I walked into a screenshot/rm2k3vsVX topic
Craze
post=139001
Every topic is a 2K(3) vs. VX topic when Craze steps in :)

are you really going to defend "2k3 is graphically superior to VXP"
are you really going to argue that there's such a thing as superiority when it comes to comparing resolutions for 2D amateur games
Craze
post=139012
are you really going to argue that there's such a thing as superiority when it comes to comparing resolutions for 2D amateur games

...yes. I already did earlier in this topic.

Well, for engines anyway - a game can look awesome with 256 or unlimited colors, but if you're graphics-oriented, why would you limit your options...?