PIXELS

author=Rave
You made me. Now be sorry while watching this obviously awful pixelart:

I actually think that you have improved, you maybe should check about pixel art shadows advice, tutorials, etc... I rarely have done pixel art but checking some sites it certantly help me with the fews I have made.
Sup, new here. >B)

This thread has been pretty inspiring so here's a random assortment of some of my MS Paint shit

I really like that cityscape picture. Reminds me of Rocko's Modern Life or something.
Cheers, dude. I was watching fuck loads of 90's cartoons and playing Scott Pilgrim when I did that :P
Progress continues!

I've finished spriting and colouring a door that animates, but I haven't shaded it yet.
@UPCR, at first I wonder why there were stars on the black area, then I notice that I have to clean my screen. Looking great btw
Yeah, I haven't made ceiling tiles yet, but that's next on the agenda.

EDIT: I HAVE BEEN ASSILIMATED. This may look like a mess, and that's because it is... but there are walls in there!

It will look a lot more coherent when I have floors finished and actually try to make some kind of map with them.
In the summer vacations, I went and made a scorpion, as I predicted that I would need to sprite in the future, and I hadn't done so in years.

Not really satisfied with it, but got my muscles warmed up. Should've probably used a more white highlight color as well, orange doesn't really work for glossy shines.

More recently I did this blue ball:

Not bad, especially since I used only Photoshop's default palette here.

Player sprite for a shmup. Ended up making it way smaller than I wanted, but I liked how the sprite came out. Had a custom palette at first, but I saw dragonheartman's mention of DawnBringer's palette and tried it out. Red looked too pinkish at first, but I stuck with it and liked it enough to discard my previous palette.

Scaled up. I don't like this one as much. Turns out smaller sprites are way easier to make.

And here's some recolors of the small sprite, both because I wanted to get used to the DB palette and test its limits, and because the context of the game I had in mind when I made this actually requires the ship to change colors.

It's me playing my bass :3

I was inspired by the original

Now I need to sprite myself playing the drums and we can make a band.
author=CyberDagger
Now I need to sprite myself playing the drums and we can make a band.

do it heh I was going to. I'll work on the singer first. if you do make a drummer PM me or I'll end up making one too. I want to put it into RPGmaker and sync it up to a song xD I'd make more frames/poses and probably pick a Rush song haha

author=theweirdn8
Dude you have some serious skills!

you should specify who you're talking to. for now I'll assume you mean everybody! which is pretty much true. I like garbageman's stuff, reminds me a lot of Scott Pilgram vs the World game.
I will just leave this here

BTW, love that thing about SITO link2112
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Interesting, so that's how you can make a decent sprite.
author=MrChearlie
I will just leave this here

BTW, love that thing about SITO link2112

and I will just steal that technique.

btw, what is SITO?
Sorry, I meant your avatar; the yono radical pixel art collaboration

@Chana, It actually helps a lot when you want to work faster.
oh. it sure is. I was thinking of making a square.

this is fun and good practice of making proper shapes and stuff!
It looks like you're drawing collision zones to me.