CHAST QUESTION FOR RM2K3

Pages: 1
OK so I began with vx where you could just quick event chests and stuff. I soon descovered rm2k3 and loved it because you could do so much without having to search the web for scipts. Yes I am aware of the SBS scripts for vx but I still like rm2k3 more. Basically I was wondering when creating chests in rm2k3 is there any easy way to do it without having to ue switches? I just hate using up so many switches since I don't know the max number.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
you are honestly never, ever going to use up all the switches making chests. you can always increase the maximum number too, so it's not a problem!

switches are your best bet.
Standard RM2K3 version allows up to 5000 switches. I'm fairly advanced in my game, and I haven't used 250 switches yet... cause you also have 5000 variables. Don't worry.
Yeah, switches are your best bet, though I have seen a game or two that use variables instead (don't ask me how that works!) I think perhaps because they were very linear games where you had to pick up the chests the variable approach worked.

So yeah. Switches.

I suppose if you really wanted you could use Erase Event, but that'd only really work well if there was either no way of going back to said area OR the chests only held small things like minor healing items that you use pretty quickly. Otherwise the chests will just return when you re-enter the area.

So yeah. Switches. Again.
variables would be used if you wanted to have a chest with more than 2 pages (variables are essentially switches with more than two options which are on/off for switches)
Pages: 1