FINAL FANTASY I & II FOR THE IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH

Pages: first 12 next last
I just discovered these in the app store and thought, what a neat idea for Square to cash in on yet more moneys off of these tired, rusty old games. The graphics are the same as the PSP remakes and they're both 9$. I was wondering if anybody's purchased them and if so, what do you think of 'em? Is it easy to play? How's the control scheme? Have they changed anything besides the graphics and music?

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gdV__fDglk&feature=related

Plus they redid a lot of the interfaces
Whoa...
If I had an iPhone, I would download this right now. Too bad I don't. =/

It is cool how it is the best-looking FF1 so far, graphics-wise.
Except for the PSP version which is nothing but a prettier GBA version with is in turn a somewhat improved PS1 version. If you've played the GBA/PSP version I don't see any reason to give this a spin
Eh, they remade these games more often than they should. The new interface looks nice, but walking around is a pain in the ass. And some of the heavier spell animations cause a rather big lag. (Direct port of the PSP version, you see~)
There's a Final Fantasy available for download on the Blackberry too, but I thought "Why dish out 6 bucks when I could be playing sweet community games on RMN?"
Am I the only person noticing just how ugly and out of place the letter 'y' is in the text? ):< GAME SHITSUX
I downloaded both of them. I'm lame like that. There's no real reason to. They'll well done, and the controls are actually decent, but still, we've all played them.
I think it's annoying to talk to people in both of the games, it just doesn't work how it should.
I'll just stick to the PSP version. I'm not a iPhone/Touch or whatever they call em' now kind of person.
Lets not forget that it's half of the price!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
post=127467
that game looks painful to play.

Pretty much! I've played some iphone games and this just looks terrible.
post=127453
Plus they redid a lot of the interfaces

They only made the interface bubbly enough to tap it. The store looked particularily annoying.

Got to be the worst of these cash ins.
Well, GRS, first off, I don't have a PSP (but, yeah, I don't have a iPhone either...)

But, also, I've never seen screens or gameplay or the PSP version, so, this is the best-looking one I've personally, and literally, laid eyes on.

Maybe you could fix that for me... i.e. POST SOME SCREENSHOTS HOMEDAWG!
PSP version has exactly the same graphics just without the bubbly interface.
post=127516
PSP version screens:
FF1 screens

FF2 screens

Ah...you folks are right, they are the same. Actually, this makes me kinda want a PSP.

And, this is off-topic but I want to ask...which would it be better to get: your standard PSP or this crazy new PSP GO.
I got an original (PSP-1000) a while back with the intents of installing custom firmware on it so I could run homebrew and not have to carry around my games and just throw them on a memory card. All PSP-1000's can install custom firmware (although if the official firmware is past 5.03 the effort to do so increases and you need shit like Pandora battery) while certain makes of the 2000 can't install custom firmware and no 3000's or the PSP Go can do it.

Custom firmware helps a lot and homebrew means I can play SNES games on the go. Getting a 1000 would be the problem, you'd have to get one used. I got mine for $50 used (with two games) from EBGames (or whatever they're called now) and ended up having to exchange it twice due to a broken analog stick and dead pixels.
post=127478
I think it's annoying to talk to people in both of the games, it just doesn't work how it should.

I think it's done one of the best ways possible (by tapping anywhere on the screen). I think the iPhone is inherently shitty with controls, so when I say the FF games did a good job, I really mean that were actually playable, not that the controls are on par with a system that has actual buttons.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
These are best on the NES. Grab an emulator and some ROMs. quit playing these sissy, watered-down FF rehashes. Pretty sure mages have MP in these versions even!
Pages: first 12 next last