CRAPTASTIC CUTSCENE CONCEPT......ART

Pages: 1
Heeeeey every. Back again I suppose.
After playing through Adela Isra again there were quite a few moments I "Tales of'd" it.
Which pretty much means instead of showing my characters hopping onto an incoming train, the screen would fade to black and a character would state "Now we are hopping on the train!" or something like that.

To amend this I've begun working on some still image shots to use in place of that. I'm hoping to at least have one for each major cutscene depending on things work out. I thought I should post the roughs here to get good feedback before I continue coloring them. Here are the first two.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
These are nice. I really like how your style is a little free but still coherent and solid.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I prefer the second to the first. The silhouettes serve no purpose in that screen as far as concept art goes. Also their anatomy seems off.
The second one demonstrates size and scale very well though.
I was also thinking about doing this for my RPG.

Nicely done.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=127688
I prefer the second to the first. The silhouettes serve no purpose in that screen as far as concept art goes. Also their anatomy seems off.

It's not concept art per se- it's a cutscene rough of them...Running from something, methinks. At least, going by the OP it is.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Ah. Alright, not sure what to say about either screen if these are cutscene mock ups... if you're going to post cutscene mock ups, maybe do a full storyboard. otherwise it's really just UFI.
post=127996
post=127688
It's not concept art per se- it's a cutscene rough of them...Running from something, methinks. At least, going by the OP it is.
This.

I do say concept because they're obviously not finished yet and will probably go through a few changes.
On the first one I plan to add a bunch to the top you see panorama of the city and then it scrolls down to them running in an alley.
post=128015
Ah. Alright, not sure what to say about either screen if these are cutscene mock ups... if you're going to post cutscene mock ups, maybe do a full storyboard. otherwise it's really just UFI.
I'm more looking for advice artistically rather than the flow of story right now. and like I said it would be long sections of pictures but more 1-2 pics showing action or dramatic scenes that may not work as well if I did it as sprite animations.
they look really nice! your style is sketchy in itself, but i think the top picture is a little too sketchy - the windows and such. because it's a close up it's more obvious.

i'd like to see them coloured :)
post=128074
they look really nice! your style is sketchy in itself, but i think the top picture is a little too sketchy - the windows and such. because it's a close up it's more obvious.

i'd like to see them coloured :)

Yeah I pretty much drew both of them at the same resolution, so halfassing the close up picture stands out a lot more XD. I'll probably do the second two roughs before I start coloring any of them in, but I suppose critiquing something this early would be a little hard. I don't want to wait until I'm completely finished to do a whole bunch of damage control though ._.
Pages: 1