I AM TERRIBLE AT COPY AND PASTE!

Pages: 1
I am making a short game in RM2K3 called "Leo and Leah", about a young lion trying to rescue his giiiirlfriend from some wolves. I am using mainly Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Terranigma rips. I have a bunch of spritesheets and I keep messing up making them into charsets. I guess I am just terrible at making charsets! Usually when I had graphical edits and stuff to make, I asked other people, so... :(

If anyone wants to help me out, PM me or post here and I'll give you the spritesheets and show you which ones I want "charset'd". It would be greatly appreciated! It'll be about 10-20 individual characters to assemble or so. Your work will not go to waste. I've completed two full games already, posted on this site. This is a short project anyway. If you want some screenshots of the game so far, here you go:

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You're not using graphics from the SNES/Genesis Lion King game? For shame!

*checks videos of the SNES/Genesis Lion King games*

...Okay, you're forgiven.
You should just post the spritesheets here. I may give it a go.
I will later. Ocean did me a big favour and agreed to do a great deal of it. Whatever he doesn't do, I'll post.
Well, this is one of the big sprite sheets I want done into charsets. The problem is you're going to have to cut them up because of the size.

What I want:
- Sitting
- Sitting and scratching
- Sleeping
- Sniffing stance
Um... What maker is this for? If you don't mind, you can mod RM2K to add the charset sixe patch wich lets the charset size be something around 1000x800... So, as charset size being virtually infiniye, you acctually could easily cram big sprites in the project without harming them. It'd look way nicer. That, of course, if you're still in the beginning of making this game.

~Sorry for my bad english.
Hey Strangeluv, don't forget there's lots of animals in E.V.O.
post=148499
Um... What maker is this for? If you don't mind, you can mod RM2K to add the charset sixe patch wich lets the charset size be something around 1000x800... So, as charset size being virtually infiniye, you acctually could easily cram big sprites in the project without harming them. It'd look way nicer. That, of course, if you're still in the beginning of making this game.

~Sorry for my bad english.

Your English is fine, don't worry. I am aware of Cherry's RM2K mod but that doesn't work for RM2K3, does it? RM2K3 is what this game is being made in.

post=148518
Hey Strangeluv, don't forget there's lots of animals in E.V.O.

Ah! Good point. I will get to ripping some EVO sprites.
But, you know. This game probably won't use the DBS, right? (Or any battle system, at all, by the looks of it)
Since that's the only *real, unpatchable* difference between 2k3 and 2k is that, It seems like a good option to platform switch it. Only if it's very early in developlent. Just that it cuts me to se such great sprites being ripped off by the charset limitation. D:

N'ah, I guess it's already too far in development for it, nevermind.

I'd help If I were good in charsetting things. XD
Anyways, seems like a cool project. OH, and, the cliffs in the 1st screenshot are messed up... *All tiles below the grass* it needs some quick fixing. Anyways, nice project. 8D
Actually, it will use DBS battles, but it won't be a huge part of the game at all. Yeah, I'm already too far in development, anyway, to switch to RM2K if I had a change of mind.. Man, I wish that hack worked for RM2K3 also.

Thanks for the heads up on the cliffs.
Pages: 1