TRANSFERRING FILES FROM OLD COMP

Pages: 1
I have an HP 6330 PC from waaaay back, and I wanna get some old RM games I made (and I recently found phylomortis 1 on it for rm95) off of it and onto my new comp.

It recognizes USB memory sticks but says it needs a driver to properly open them. I have no idea what driver I would need for that. If I could find that out, download it here, put it on a cd, then I could install it to the old comp. But where would I put that driver file, exactly?

I also thought about connecting it to the net, but I'd need to get an old dial-up modem for that, would I not?

Obviously I'm not all that computer savvy, so I just looking for ideas. Any help is much appreciated.
What operating system does it have on it? If it's Windows and old, one of it's service packs probably added USB 2.0 support.

If you have the room inside of your new computer though, you could just take out the whole hard drive, switch it from master to slave, and hook it up inside of the new one.
post=148889
If you have the room inside of your new computer though, you could just take out the whole hard drive, switch it from master to slave, and hook it up inside of the new one.

This.
You could also get a CD version of something like Ubuntu (which runs like an entire OS except off of cd) and copy it to a flash drive that way.
Thx guys!

post=148889
What operating system does it have on it? If it's Windows and old, one of it's service packs probably added USB 2.0 support.

Windows 98, I'll try looking it up. I thought about the hard drive switcheroo, but I've never done one before so I was thinking that would be the last course of action. I've heard it's easy enough to do, but knowing me I'd f something up royally :P
Also if your new PC has a SATA only hard disk option, (the old one is obviously IDE) then you'd be stuck again. Try the Ubuntu option if you can, it's free to download from their site.

Of course it's probably only good if you know a bit of linux so..... xD
lol this will end with me at a PC shop throwing money at some dude to do it all for me :P

It's cool though, I have a bank loan to delve into, and I'm too lazy/busy/retarded to figure it out myself.
Okay so it took hours destroying my old comp to get the bloody hard drive out, they literally made it impossible to get out without wrecking the thing. Luckily we wanted to throw it away anyhow. So now I have this big honking hard drive that won't fit in my new pc, I'm just gonna take it somewhere and see how much it costs to get the data out.
Pages: 1