[RM2K3] DATABASE ERASED

Pages: 1
so I opened up my project, and got a stream read error when trying to test play. thats when I noticed all my maps where black. All the resources are still in the project folder and the map files etc, but the database information is all gone and everything is blank.
All the max fields are set to 1 and are empty.

This wouldn't be THAT big of a deal besides losing all my common events : (

anyone know anything about this?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
To start, the database information in RM2K and RM2K3 games is stored in the "RPG_RT.ldb" file located in your game's folder along with all your map files and RPG_RT.exe.

The problem of database corruption arises when the RPG_RT.ldb file is (very rarely) corrupted while trying to save the information. The cause of corruption is most likely the same as the more common "Map Tree Break" corruption error which, if I remember correctly, had something to do with RM2K(3) not having enough hardware resources (RAM and so forth) available to properly save the data.

Whatever the case, unless you have a backup of the RPG_RT.ldb file, I'm sad to say you're shit out of luck. It's always a good idea to at least keep a backup copy of the core game files since they're all pretty small in size.
Pages: 1