[TESTERS NEEDED] DRAGON FANTASY.

Pages: first 12 next last
Hello everyone. As some people may know, I am currently working on a project of mine entitled "Dragon Fantasy." It is a sort of NES-like game except with a nice little character-driven (or is it story? I can't really distinguish =X) plot to guide it. I have been going over it as of late...and have decided to re-do it. Well, not the ENTIRE game, just most of the story segments and dialogue. I have a nice bit done as of now...but I still need to know what it is like. This is why I am here.

Instead of fixing everything in one go when it is all completed, I instead intend to separate it into segments. It seems like it could be easier to do, and it will help me with fixing a majority of the problems.

What do I need?

Well...two-to-three testers would be nice. I had a friend review it, but it would be nice to get a few more opinions as well. I am mostly looking for those who may be able to help me out with the punctuation, the plot, and the story in general. I'm not willing to change much--if anything--having to do with the maps, music, and the graphics. They stay. Story is my main concern.

Once a person signs up for this role then I expect them to also be able to play-out and complete the other segments as they come along as well. Meaning, that when you play this small version you will not quit and, if I were to need you again in the future, you would not reject. It would be MUCH better, as well as consistant, if I was to get feedback from the same group of people each time.

The first segment that I am now willing to send out is probably nothing more than (roughly) 20 minutes in length. Maybe a BIT more, or maybe less. I don't really know, as I generally do not tend to keep track of time while doing this =(

Also, for those who may be judging the story; I am NOT going for some overly-complex, original plotline. Nope. Not at all. I am trying to take something that is relatively overused and cliche (four warriors, the crystal's, etc.) and am trying to make something fun and ejoyable out of it while placing my own twists in there. There are no flash-backs or anything like that...so I am trying to relay everything through the character's dialogue. Even the towns-folk now help to build up the story and character's a bit.

And, as I did say before, I'm not really going to change the majotiry of the music, graphics, etc. Maybe if someone wants to try and test the gameplay (to see how hard/ easy it is, if there are too many/not enough battles, if the boss is not hard enough/is too easy, etc.) then that would also be very appreciated.

What is Dragon Fantasy?

A project I started a while back. It sort of mixes some aspects of Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy together...but I just add in my own twists! An NES-like game with colorful, gameboy-ish graphics and rather hard enemy encounters, not every one will be willing to try this out.

Want to know more?

Then check out my games page over at RPG Maker.net
http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/59/

Screenshots.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/59/screenshots/746/

http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/59/screenshots/1139/

http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/59/screenshots/748/

If anyone is interested then I shall send them more information VIA PM (As in where the demo ends, etc.)

And again....thanks for the read!

i'd be interested to help you out, and would do my best to help you
Reall? Well then, that is nice to know! But...I must know one more thing; What is it you might be looking for? As in...are you going to focus more on the storyline or the gameplay?
i think i'd look at the gameplay more so than the story. though if u want it the other way around i could do that
No, no! I'm not going to ask you to go against what you may be best at judging. If you wish to judge the gameplay then by all means, go ahead and do it! Just keep in mind that it becomes a small bit better later in the game when you have access to a majority of the spells.

Anyway...the PM system does not work, does it? (Not for me, anyway =X) Hm...well then, I suppose I will have to post it here for you. Heh.

alrighty i'm downloading it now......curse dial-up though....... >:(
Dial-up? Whoah. Ha ha. I don't have that anymore, so I keep on forgetting on how hard it is to download big files for people with a Dial-up connection. Sorry about that.
thats ok, it was only like an hour download,i got a question though, u want me to point out any spelling errors u have in the game? (so far the game is pretty good though!)
Spelling errors, imbalances in gameplay, difficulty, etc. Whatever you can find.
alright, well i got 2 spelling so far, a man in the lower left part of Yur castle i think is supposed to say "take" but u got tae and a man above him says "...she--Lifa-- is, practicing "is" herself" i think "is" is supposed to be "it". sorry if i sound knitpicky. oh and i kinda like how it seems u give some of your random npc's a bit of a background on how they are feeling and stuff, though it takes forever to get through the non-quest important conversations.

oh and i was almost completly destroyed in my first battle in the cave where Sando joins u. creatures in there are pretty tough! :)
And thus it has been fixed.

Also, I agree with you on the battle within the Eastern Cave. They ARE tough. However, a bit of magic and a few levels really do wonders =P
3 more errors, when talking to Vlad, he says heppend, and Sando says hould instead of should (i think) and finally, when Sando is talking to Lifa (in the castle i think) he says them instead of then. and i when does the demo end? i'm at the western cave and cant get through the barrier.
I see. Then those have also bee fixed. Thanks for the play =)

And when does the demo end? It ends when you manage to break the barrier around the door in the Path To Borez(where you are now.) You get the item to do so close by (The town or the castle =P)
ok i got it now lol. very good so far! i didnt find anything else wrong spelling wise....in Yur Village though, the house filled wih the crazy old people (lol) i think u have the only door in the game that u actually have to activate. i dont know if that was intentional though. Well i cant wait till u put more out for me to test. i love it.
Woot! Yeah, I have that fixed now. I noticed that the other night when my friend was playing it...but I forgot about it =X

Thanks for the play-through. MUCH appreciated.

I just wish I could get at least ONE more person to give it a go. So far, no one else seems to be interested =| Lol. I think the graphics and/or what people remember of it is preventing them from trying. Ha ha.

Anyway, thanks again.
oh i thought of one last thing. maybe u could increase the prices on armor, i thought they were a bit too cheap.
That, OR I could decrease the ammount of Gil that enemy monsters drop. I played through Vlad's Castle and I managed to get around 3200 Gil before I even fought Vlad. =\
The graphics don't put me off, I could see how they would though (damn RTP fanboys)

I'll be happy to test your game, and give opinions Story and Gameplay wise, although Asham did the spellings for you, i'll happy check over them again. (if you actually still need a tester of course)
Sure. If you want to, then go right ahead. Here...I'll post the link again.

http://files.filefront.com/EXTRA+Dragon+Fantasyzip/;9653034;/fileinfo.html

But...well, there might not be much of a point in doing it now. I'm making it back into an NES-type of game. The story and text-heavy dialogue just...did not suit the game much. So, in the end, everything will be much more simpiler.
There's nothing wrong with liking RTP!
Pages: first 12 next last