SKILL CAST DELAY IN VX

Pages: 1
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Does anyone know if there's a script for VX (that's compatible with Yanfly's Engine Melody) that allows you to specify delays for skills? Delays by number of turns would do I guess, but what I really want is specific timed delays for a real-time battle system. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful.
I'm not exactly sure, but I think something similar is included in the newest version! Is your ver up to date?
EDIT: Not to be confusing: Newer versions of Melody and not VX.
Trihan
I have 1.00.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Are you using ATB? You said real-time, so I'm assuming so.
Trihan
I will be, yeah.
Craze
Then just use the Speed box in the Skill database. Negative numbers subtract that much AGI from the user, positive numbers add that much, but only when the ATB position is in the red box. I edited YEM to do it based on percent, but it's not stand-alone at all so I can't really share.

This is how you do delays/quickcasts. Read more here.
Trihan
Do you think CTB would be better for that sort of thing, then?

Basically I need to have skills with multiple levels, and each successive level increases the cast time of the skill. In the actual model I'm drawing from, for example, skill X takes 0.7 * skill level seconds. I also need to implement cooldowns, as the cooldown in the model is 0.8 + (0.2 * skill level) seconds.
Craze
YEM has cooldowns, and you can just decrease the Speed more and more each level.
Pages: 1