THE DUMBEST IDEA YOU EVER TRIED TO MAKE

Pages: first prev 1234 last
post=205346
Making an account on RRR, does this count as a dumb idea?

RRR. More like circle jerk central.
post=202334
Making an ambitious product when you're a one man army.

This applies to everything I do.

There was attempting create a game in 3 days that centered around an alchemist fighting off various people in a room floating in space.

Then theres the fact that my very first attempt at a game was one which starts with the world being phased out of existence. Which is triggered by the player walking across water and talking to a tree....
post=205468
post=205346
Making an account on RRR, does this count as a dumb idea?
RRR. More like circle jerk central.
Amen.

My most retarded idea was placing your typical JRPG storyline in a historical Eastern European context. Long story short, it was pretty retarded.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
post=205786
My most retarded idea was placing your typical JRPG storyline in a historical Eastern European context. Long story short, it was pretty retarded.

Man, that actually sounds pretty interesting. Better than a generically awful fantasy world, anyway. And a lot less overdone than western Europe. I am usually super fond of historical settings in fantasy stories. What about it turned out badly?
post=206010
Man, that actually sounds pretty interesting. Better than a generically awful fantasy world, anyway. And a lot less overdone than western Europe. I am usually super fond of historical settings in fantasy stories. What about it turned out badly?
Well, the J aspect and the lack of regard to culture. Oh, and Demons.

It was Eastern European in name and the relationships with other countries alone.

If I were going to make another historical RPG, it would be more accurate with regards to culture, and the setting would be more authentic (as opposed to just geographically correct). Oh, and no Demons.
Eastern European jrpg? Hell YEAH! All you need is proper execution to make it work :D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I vote for more accurate with regards to culture and 300% more demons
LOL Eastern Europe had enough demons of the human variety.
Yeah, it had it all. Voidanoy, Rusalki, etc.

But the execution was shitty, so the game was crap. It was my first RM game, actually.
LockeZ
Ah, that explains it. First RM games are almost always incredibly bad.

Mine involved two friends named Jesse and James who formed a group of heroes named Team Rocket to fight against an evil demonic empire. They carried around roses, had a dog named Rocket, had a jetpack named Team Rocket's Rocket, used a meowth blimp as an airship, and recited a lengthened version of the Team Rocket motto in almost every single cut scene.

That was actually one of the better aspects of the game.
Most of my games involve around stupid ideas.

But then again, those stupid ideas usually land the most downloads, and are your best games.

Why????
Pages: first prev 1234 last