LOVE SONGS SUCK

Pages: first 1234 next last
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger

The man singing this song is an idiot. The tune is okay; I can even overlook that he can't seem to hit some of his own notes. But by far the worst thing about this is: he's wrong. There are millions of ways to say 'I love you.' He's just using the most direct one. He sounds like a complete moron and I get so irritated every time he comes up on the radio (at work, where I can't do anything about it).

But this isn't just about him. It's about love songs in general. It's the focus of so much music, nowadays and going way back, but most of them are just SO AWFUL. People singing about infatuation, begging each other to stay together, how overpowering their feelings are for each other, it's sickens me.

Now, I personally prefer the kind of love songs that say 'I love you' without even using the word 'love.' Here's a good example:

Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

and another:

Elton John - Your Song

So, what's your opinion on love music? Does it make you want to puke as much as I do? Are there some kinds you prefer over others? And why?
So much of it is based on an unhealthy, selfish view of love. Nowadays, I can't help but cringe when I hear a love song, especially when the message amounts to without you I am not a complete person.

I do find a rich irony in people playing "Every Breath You Take" at their wedding.
Love music is a necessary part of the whole music dynamic. If it wasn't there, then 95% of the world's music wouldn't exist. And it's not something that would go away easily, because that's all anyone writes nowadays. I prefer anti-love music over love music. simply because it's not as frequent.

And because the topic title left this wide open:

EDIT: The edited word is in bold.
post=203404
Love music is a necessary part of the whole music dynamic. If it wasn't there, then 95% of the world's music wouldn't.

(citation needed)

sorry, love songs rule

now if you'll excuse me i'll need to be left alone with that last one for a while... too bad it's about stealing george harrison's wife! wtg clapton >:(

in fact there's a prize if you can spot the other ironic song i posted
Well, I know the story about Something not being about what everyone else thought it was.
wrong but good guess
I'm guessing Dancing with Tears in my Eyes, since Ke$ha has a song that's named the exact same thing. Different song, though.
blind guessing doesn't count
That wasn't blind guessing. For all intents and purposes, ironic is the perfect definition here. The only way it would've gotten more ironic is if she actually covered the song.

EDIT: ironic - Both coincidental and contradictory in a humorous or poignant and extremely improbable way
maybe i should give it away before another topic is derailed

hint: that isn't close to irony
The topic is already derailed since we're talking 'bout irony and not love songs...

EDIT: I'm sick of love songs. I also prefer anti-love songs.
who cares about the

lyrics

answer: nobody that matters

:))
post=203453
who cares about the

lyrics

answer: nobody that matters

:))
If you hate a song, it's not because of the lyrics. It's generally either the hate of the singer or the hate of the beat.
nuggets of wisdom
I also tend to hate awful lyrics ie: Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana

Love the beat, hate the lyrics, hate the song....
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.

I don't know wtf you talking about, this is the shit.
glad to not be the only buddy holly fan here B)
Love songs are the best, if you don't GET PUMPED hearing something like Martha & the Vandella's "Heatwave" then you are probably some kind of vegetable person / terminator.

Basically the moral is

Pages: first 1234 next last