WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

So I wound up starting on my little random side project idea, got the sprite battle system working and it looks all nice and works.

Then I decide to change one of the character's names. As a result, I need to change a few of the graphics names and stuff and then suddenly I'm getting a "Stack too deep" error that makes my game explode whenever I load a battle.

-_- This is upsetting. I don't even know where the hell the error is even coming from or why it's happening to me.

EDIT: And now the error is gone. Wat.
Did you push F12 at some point when you got the "Stack too deep" errors?

Please go into your scripts and find all references of
alias method_name aliased_name
and add "unless $@" to the end of it so it looks like
alias method_name aliased_name unless $@

It is a really stupid bug in RGSS where aliasing certain methods* fucks up the alias when you reset the game via F12.

* It's when you alias a method in a class that extends another class where the method you are aliasing isn't defined in the extended class but only in the base class. The method will end up aliasing to itself instead of the base class so it just calls itself causing infinite recursion and that trips the "stack too deep" sanity check.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Did you push F12 at some point when you got the "Stack too deep" errors?

No actually.

I think I found out what caused it. I seem to have had TWO of the same script in the database somehow. 0_o
Just... four... more... missions...

i put 3 by accident in the url lol

Phew, so close to being done...
Variable width fonts.

Given that the steam workshop is now open to our games, I'm going back over Illusions of Loyalty and making a few more improvements.

1) Fixing two typos and two bugs I know of (done)
2) Adding in the basic Yanfly scripts to make combat look prettier (done)
3) Tweaking the scripts to make it fit better (had to tweak the skill window a bit. Looks kinda weird now, but also kind of cool. Done, I think)
4) Considering adding in some accessories that enemies drop. It feels really weird that I only have ONE accessory in the entire game, so I thought why not add more. (working on)
5) Might add a few more events to help flesh out the world a bit more for the next game (not started)
6) Find royalty free replacement music for the Workshop version since I have some Secret of Mana, Symphonia, and AI wars music in my game and apparently there's a zero tolerance policy on that on the Workshop. (just starting)
7) Giving an option to allow Save points instead of saving anywhere if the player desires, since a friend of mine asked for that, because he's "teh hardcore" and saving everywhere is for wusses in his opinion. (not started)

Overall, I'm just a tiny little bit worried, since some of the changes (being able to see when enemy buffs expire, new stat tweaking accessories, etc) make the game easier, and I think it was pretty much spot on last time I checked.

Also, I'm upset that for some reason I can't have armor that immediately inflicts a state on the wearer just for wearing it. ...Ah well.
author=Aegix_Drakan
Also, I'm upset that for some reason I can't have armor that immediately inflicts a state on the wearer just for wearing it. ...Ah well.

If you want the state to last indefinitely you can use a passive state script. Otherwise you can check for equipment when the fight starts and if it is equipped add the state normally.
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=Aegix_Drakan
If you want the state to last indefinitely you can use a passive state script. Otherwise you can check for equipment when the fight starts and if it is equipped add the state normally.

I might end up doing that second option.

It seems kinda silly to do it for ONE single accessory whose effect lasts literally ONE turn, though. XD
Pshaw, at least it's quick and easy! I have a half finished script that expands on an enemy shadow script and an enemy transform on death script where said enemy's shadow is a scrunched up mirrored version of itself. Killing the enemy will remove the enemy graphic but not the shadow which continues with the original enemy's AI and to kill the shadow it needs to be hit a few times times for >X damage. Only one enemy in the game (as planned so far) acts this way. I still want to do it because I like the idea and what I hope to be the player reaction will be. Work those game dev fingers!

now if I'll ever finish and be happy with it remains my eternal problem
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I'm rebuilding my entire battle system from scratch (it was overloaded with bugs), but this time it's only taken me a little longer than a week.

I'm using Unity and now I can design Paper Mario-style battles really easily :)
Well, save points took about 5 seconds. Accessories are in. Fixed a few lines, added one or two new NPCs...

I should be done soon. XD
I....I think I'm done. I think it's all done. :o

Including a set of easter eggs I doubt anyone will ever find (use a level up manual on a character when they're at max level, 30. Unlikely to happen, since you can beat the game at level 9. XD).

It's...huh. I guess I'll do one more test run, just in case, then I'll upload my update to the site, and then start working on finding the right royalty free music for the Steam Workshop version. (I don't wanna change most of the music in the RMN version because I am attached to most of it. XD)
Currently, I'm improving the dialogue of my game. One thing I really hate is smashing the Space Bar to get through text boxes in RPG Maker games, but ironically, I'm one of the biggest offenders of that. Alot of times, I find myself over-stretching conversations, to where most of it is just melodrama. Here's an example.. (not a real conversation in the game, but it does pretty well represent my past self)

Before:

After:

I was also testing this Word Wrap script with the first example. It works pretty well!
I've got to work on adding humor, and making dialogue reflect a character's personality. I think vocabulary plays a big role in this, because an outgoing character should say more contractions, than an all-business person to me.
(Also, the font used is "Segoe UI". Do you think it should be changed or not? )

This is the battle System for Battle Dungeons!! A RPGMVXA Game I have been working on.
Well, uploading my next update. .....Man, it's taking a while. -_-

I'm pretty sure I got everything. But I'm still nervous for some silly reason.

Once it's up, I can start on replacing the music for the Workshop version. Probably gonna rely on Sythuz's stuff a lot. He's GOOD.

author=GamingMitchell03232013
Currently, I'm improving the dialogue of my game. One thing I really hate is smashing the Space Bar to get through text boxes in RPG Maker games, but ironically, I'm one of the biggest offenders of that. Alot of times, I find myself over-stretching conversations, to where most of it is just melodrama. Here's an example.. (not a real conversation in the game, but it does pretty well represent my past self)

Before:

After:

I was also testing this Word Wrap script with the first example. It works pretty well!
I've got to work on adding humor, and making dialogue reflect a character's personality. I think vocabulary plays a big role in this, because an outgoing character should say more contractions, than an all-business person to me.
(Also, the font used is "Segoe UI". Do you think it should be changed or not? )

That's a MASSIVE improvement. As a writer at heart, I'm proud of you. :D

I am currently working on my game Mystic Knights it's expected to be three games. I wrote out the story for the first game an got the first three chapters of the game done. Currently waiting for it to be approved so I can add the demo. I have the whole first story written out in novel format. Just need to finish the second novel and go on to the third after.
Face graphics for an adventure game I've been playing around with.

Also filling maps with dialogue and stuff for Reverse Quest. So much dialogue...

>Edit< btw I like that font, Jude. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's very readable. The middle one kinda reminds me of Chrono Trigger's font.
Created a test project to prototype some new stuff for integration into Guild Master.

One of the biggest things is I've once again refactored my GUI module. Now the entire thing has a parent/child relationship and all of the components that go into making new widgets are much more versatile and compartmentalized. Basically it's a lot easier to create new interfaces.

I had created a brand new graph class for my RPG engine with a lot of new features to it, many of which allow me to do a lot of useful new things in Guild Master as well. One of the big things about my new graph module is nodes and edges can own any number of attributes, including objects--if that makes sense to anybody. So I've prototyped the ability to easily plot new nodes on the overworld and connecting them. Basically the idea is that instead of upgrading a solitary guild hall, you are also building expansion outposts.

I have two ways of displaying node placement range. One of which is too slow for pure Python. I split the valid range rings into arc segments, and used the intersection points of a nearby node's minimum range ring to draw portions of the valid range ring with the nearby node as its origin. That was an awful sentence and I should bring pictures next time instead. Unfortunately that takes about ~4ms when there are multiple intersecting circles, so I either need to refactor that function in C or implement an alternative technique. The alternative technique is to find circle intersections by bitmasking rather than math, which should be much faster, but I need to identify how SDL chooses to offset the new mask that is created when I mash two masks together. I have an idea on how, but will work on that tomorrow. in the interim I am just drawing a red line from a node that's too close to where I want to place the new node, which is informative enough, along with the valid range ring from the parent node.

I also modified my province class, such that provinces can be owned by whatever guild/faction and the border is painted the appropriate color.

Finally, my new edge object that I'm assigning to graph edges is done a bit differently, and I've just created a small simulation of moving red dots to make sure entities path along them correctly.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/2988/locker/guildmaster53.png