WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Ok, so spent an entire day updating 3 maps and (most of the time) fixing all of the events on said maps. Now those maps are done and now I have to face my greatest tackle...taking THIS:

And transforming it into something vaguely like THIS:

I've no idea how I'm going to do that at all. The other 2 were simple enough to deal with at least (and they're remotely similar so yay for that!), but this one is going to require some custom tileset maneuvering...and I don't know where I'm going to find some of the tiles FOR it! Whew...x_x;;

Even -I- can notice when my maps are terrible. What's funny? I still got...17 other dungeons/areas to fix up? Some having 2-3 maps (that'll need split up probably), others having...10-30 maps? Yeah...there's a lot of mapping to be redone. Ugh...I wish I had this mapping skill BEFORE when I started this game. Would've saved me a lot of refixing and whatnot!

Oh yeah, and trying to think of more dungeon gimmicks for beta5 dungeons. And/or what dungeons to chop out (there's like 30-40 dungeons still on my list to do for the rest of the game!). *Sigh* I hate myself for starting this game sometimes...
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Working on the map for Route 12 in Pokeymans RMN. One thing I realized off the bat, considering it's a water route, is that having the player do nothing but Surf along a linear path would be boring as hell, so I am breaking the route up with both "water/surfing" segments and land segments. I'm also adding some forks in the ocean road to allow the player to choose where he/she can explore.

Sorry but I don't have any screenshots to show of it yet.
Just finished setting up all of the events of my practice game. Now all that's left is to balance the game and it will be complete.

Annnnndddd it's completed. I have learned that balancing is harder than it looks and my dungeons are a little to small, but hey, I finished a game for a change!
Working on the menu for The Haunted World: Hell's Gate. It looks pretty simple, but I was going for that kind of stuff, so it is fine.

Do you guys have know what I could add to make the menu at least a bit fancier? The picture that my artist drew will stay in there, but I do not know what else to add.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Given that this is apparently a horror game about battling through hell while also fighting cancer...

An ashtray?
unity
You're magical to me.
Maybe a fancy window around the upper area with the choices?
@LockeZ: That would sound awesome, if it would fit with the atmosphere of the game. But Hisao does not have cancer because he smokes. The game is also far from being badass, the characters are more or less unable to do anything against the ghosts and demons. It's more about finding a way out of this hell than battling against it.

@unity: I tried that, but it does not look that good. Clashes with the picture a lot.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If it's about escape rather than battling, and you want the cancer symbolism without the lung cancer symbolism...

An overturned bottle of prescription painkillers spilling out onto the table?

Doing sprite work again. Everything done from scratch.
@LockeZ: That could work...that actually seems to be a nice idea. =)

@yuna21: I really like the first faceset. The second one, however, looks like it is really stretched. There is so much hair but almost no face to see. It simply looks like her head is really long, but really thin as well. I like the front and back walking sprites, but the legs of the left and right walking sprites look a bit weird. I guess that is because of her shoes/boots. Can't really grasp what makes it look so weird, though. Maybe it looks better in motion?
Yeah, first faceset is much better. As mentioned, her second one looks really stretched.

I'm still working on Eientei on my end. Got me 3 puzzles now, still need 2 more. Puzzles include:

Battle Room: 10 chests with randomized enemies in them (the enemies are randomized the moment you enter the room). The player must find the Suzaku Key in this room. If the player leaves and reenters without the key, the chests are reset.

Hidden Passage Room: Room full of hidden passages, some to dead-ends. There is a switch right in the starting area that the player MUST press, and it gives the player 30 seconds to reach the chest that only appears while the timer is active. Once the player acquires the Byakko Key, the switch is forever shut off.

Follow the Path Room: Not implemented yet, but you can think of this as that one thing from Final Fantasy VI in the Narshe Caves, or even the same gimmick found in FFXII. Simple little thing really...just need to figure out the pathway I want to use, and whether or not to have like a glowing light show the correct pathway (which I'll probably do). Completing this puzzle will award the player the Genbu Key.

Still need one for the "East" and "Center" doors. Not sure what other puzzles will work here...any suggestions? And yes, the keys are based on the Chinese/Japanese Cardinal directions. Figured it'd work well enough for this area. Trying to avoid reusing anything that was in the old Eientei, as those gimmicks were absolutely garbage...
I don't know, the second one reminds me a bit of Captain Harlock.
There. I think my combat engine is done.

The 4 characters and their skills are done. The mods that give them their skills are done. Stat curves seem legit.

All I have left is to make the stat modification mods (simple percent increases and decreases), which kinda depends on the actual combat balance, and some cost adjustments on skills, and maybe a few tweaks here and there.

.....huh. I'm....Wow. It's ready.

Guess It's time to work on the story and stuff then. XD
Yeah, I'm still fixing up those animation issues. The back has been bothering me for a while. And the first face set was meant to be the character's younger self. XD But hey, all practice for a distant sci-fi project. XD

Phantasy Star, anyone. :p No, not a fan-game. XD

Modsbannit, the site I was going to for the sprites and facesets for my game (Kaduki, I believe), is partially down.

(these guys: http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_chadot.html)

I realized that I hadn't downloaded the facesets for one of the important side characters, so I went back for them and...The page with all the male facesets is 404ing me. *aggravated sigh*

I managed to track down ONE of the facesets for him, but I was hoping for his extra ones too, so that he could be more expressive. *sigh*

I really hope it comes back up and it's not a permanent problem. That would suck. Their facesets and sprites are amazing as hell.
It's working right now for me. Maybe you went when the server was down or made a mistake in the URL?
Most of the site is working.

It's just the male facesets that seem broken.

Like:
http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_actor.html

Go there, and click the (actor male) link. It 404s. :s
Ahhh, that's unfortunate. Thankfully it's all in the google cache: Click here, it seems to have all the facesets. I just punched the URL into google and clicked on the down arrow next to the URI and you can click 'Cached' from there.
Well, nevermind. It's all back now. XD